CJohn

Weeknd Official Est: Apes 2 - 73M | Friday Numbers and Saturday Numbers on Page 1

Competition though hasn't been the reason why legs have been so poor to mediocre this summer though. Far bigger films have co-existed and had much better multipliers. And it's not as if as well regarded as Apes2 is that it's been the only quality film released this summer or marketed to this demographic. If it was I'd be more inclined to it having a run so much better than all others this summer except for Mal which hit pay dirt appealing to a very under-served demographic. This is also a sequel which older skewing or not are predominantly more front loaded The first had great legs of 3.2 and I could see it possible with better WOM and less competition matching that but a 3.5 seems rather unlikely.

These good sat and sun numbers are good early WoM indicators though.
  • Like 2

People keep talking about the World Cup hurting today. Does the rest of America still care? I thought we stopped paying attention when we lost.

Yeah I think people overestimate the hurt it would put on the Box Office. It might hurt it Internationally but unless the US was still playing I don't think it would hurt it that much.

• Like 2

Going by Spatula's Saturday #, Fox is predicting a 19.8m Sunday (-22.35%)

27.7+25.5+19.8 = 73m

WWZ was -17.8% on Sunday, PacRim was -21.6% so -22.35% is a normal estimate. Expected WC Final to push it to -25% but that too would keep it well above 70m.

Edited by a2k

People keep talking about the World Cup hurting today. Does the rest of America still care? I thought we stopped paying attention when we lost.

True, but drops on Sunday were pretty bad in 2010, and pretty much every film dropped substantially from estimates. The USA wasn't even involved in the game.

http://boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=studioest&yr=2010&wknd=28&p=.htm

Edited by Spaghetti

The World Cup effected the box office 4 years ago, all the films dropped about 8-10% more than they normally would have on Sunday. Soccer is more popular than it was 4 years ago so it is bound to have some effect

I waited for DVD to see gravity I really didn't like the movie all that much I mean it was okay but it wasn't very suspenseful andI couldn't stand Sandra Bullock panting for an hour

So you have seen Gravity in Dvd  that's awful.. Ethan i think you really don't like the movies which keeps you waited or let's just say which are more and more silenced & something like drama :P