CJohn

Weeknd Official Est: Apes 2 - 73M | Friday Numbers and Saturday Numbers on Page 1

Don't they actually have three of the best mainstream movies?X-Men: Days of Future PastHow to Train Your Dragon 2Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (presumably)Looking at the first two only, the only other movie this summer that stands up to that in quality is 22 Jump Street

Edge of Tomorrow has been the best film of summer to me, just ahead of DOFP.
  • Like 1

National Treasure 3 was one of those great missed opportunities. On the other hand, Sorcerer's Apprentice is so forgotten 4 years later that I had completely blanked on who was in it besides Nic Cage. (It was Jay Baruchel, basically playing Hiccup from HTTYD in live action. We need to think of more examples of someone basically playing the same character in two movies in close proximity - like, the same year. Not supporting roles, protagonists.)

Edited by TServo2049

National Treasure 3 was one of those great missed opportunities. On the other hand, Sorcerer's Apprentice is so forgotten 4 years later that I had completely blanked on who was in it besides Nic Cage. (It was Jay Baruchel, basically playing Hiccup from HTTYD in live action. We need to think of more examples of someone basically playing the same character in two movies in close proximity - like, the same year. Not supporting roles, protagonists.)

I think they should still make another National Treasure. The plot should revolve around The lost colony or Roanoke. 

• Like 1

Have Richard Gere or Kevin Costner had more than one movie in the same year? Or maybe George Clooney.

Edited by Orestes

Have Richard Gere or Kevin Costner had more than one movie in the same year? Or maybe George Clooney.

Kevin Costner had Jack Ryan and 3 Days to Kill this year. 

• Like 1

Well, back to Apes. Watched it, loved it, so glad it's doing well so far.Starting off somewhat meh, but since near end of March, 2014 has been kicking asses in qualities majorly as compare to 2013 in terms of main releases/blockbusters. And I say that as one of the few who thought 2013 was good.

2014 is somehow managing to be one of the best summers ever in quality, yet one of the worst ever at the box office

• Like 1