CJohn

Weeknd Official Est: Apes 2 - 73M | Friday Numbers and Saturday Numbers on Page 1

WWZ was not a sequel though. Still, Apes should top 60m and show good legs, on its way to hopefully at least 200m total. At the end of the day, no matter how good the movie, it's about talking apes with guns riding horses. And there is a (pretty large) segment of the population that will never go see that. 

there was a movie with talking blue monkeys with bows and arrows riding on six-legged horses and everybody (interested in film) went to see it

Damn Im jealous guys . I havent been to that park in almost 3 yrs. I need to go back

this year.. It isfun :0)... Also try out Busch Gardens my friend and all who love

Amusement Parks.

I haven't been to Six Flags in about four years, though I'm only 21.

It's a lot of fun. The roller coasters are quite thrilling and fun.

• Like 2

Avatar is straight hard sci-fi, just like 2001 A Space Odyssey. Both had the mysterious part but overally they fall exactly into the catalog of hard sci-fi. A big aspect of that is you can check the spaceships design in both and it's hard to not appeciate how much effort they put into making those as scientically realistic as possible instead of just going for the shiny cool-looking like you see in many other sci-fi movies (such as Star Wars).

The Venture Star in Avatar appeared for only like 10 seconds, but it's one of the most scientifically accurate spaceships ever put on the big screen and here's an article to explain it. (You'd think for a useless 10 seconds why wasting time on it right?)

http://www.projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/realdesigns.php

• Like 4

Thanks Sam! Yes we had a great time. Good to be back home though.Love you Cap! :wub:

Good to hear. Did you buy anything for me? :PAnd good to have you back. Ed is no fun without you here to shake him up. Edited by Sam
  • Like 1

Shoot jumping into bodies.. Aoowha saving grace and calling the animals to help. I thinkall  fall in the fantasy  realm to me.. There is no explanation for Aooowha and why they can accesstheir memories with certain trees.. Also praying and spirtual themes also  fall in the realm of fantasy.:)

What?! That's... crazy. Are you saying that if one character prays or has a firm religious relief that the movie is fantasy?In terms of the trees, etc it was explained: the entire planetary ecosystem is essentially one giant organism (similar to coral reefs and other structures here on Earth). The trees, flora, etc fire electrical impulses as a means of communication and control, in much the same way that a mammalian brain fires neurons to send electrical impulses to different regions and systems within the body.
  • Like 3

I didn't want it to flop.  I thought it was an OK moster flick.  A- for the monsters but a D for dull people.  About a B-/C+ movie

Oh okay, the story could have better made us feel for the human element, but still as a whole this movie gave Godzilla

the kind of rebirth he deserves. I mean the Jaws references and the military tracking the God one was

excellent... I wanted them to hit him with the biggest nukes they got and see Godzilla rise from it all

and them seeing the terror of pissing Godzilla off.. Next one should be tons of Godzilla , as they plan

to have them going after Godzilla all out war and all the monsters... That should be amazing.

• Like 1

I'm watching Cake Boss, and I'm sad.

He's such a dick to his sister, Mary.

I hate him & they stretch the truth - I grew up in that neighborhood & my friend Pete's family owned that bakery - not the Cake Boss's family.  Only tourists go to that bakery now!!

• Like 2

What?! That's... crazy. Are you saying that if one character prays or has a firm religious relief that the movie is fantasy?In terms of the trees, etc it was explained: the entire planetary ecosystem is essentially one giant organism (similar to coral reefs and other structures here on Earth). The trees, flora, etc fire electrical impulses as a means of communication and control, in much the same way that a mammalian brain fires neurons to send electrical impulses to different regions and systems within the body.

Well Im just saying there is no explanation of how a supreme being works, so it could be deemed Fantasy? Correct?

Also how about the fairy like creatures that told the Princess to spare our hero.. Or the god aoowha.

I dont think the existence of a god like being is covered in sci-fi is what I'm saying. Avatar is a hybrid

of very hardcore sci-fi blended in with Fantasy epic themes through out..

• Like 1

Apologies if I conflated your perspective with Tele's. That fantasy and sci-fi aren't mutually exclusive was exactly what I was trying to argue. 

I never said I found Pandora annoying, quite the opposite. I actually really admire how Cameron found a way to turn scientific theories into a really mystical-looking world comparable to other fantasy settings. But since it does lean heavily on fantasy tropes to accomplish that, I think it falls into that category.

if you need a simple distinction:

if they use technology ahead of our present day 21st century, it is science fiction

if they use more primitive technology it is fantasy

bows and arrows  (or laser swords) is fantasy

ray guns is sience fiction

Guardians of the Galaxy is the last hope for a summer breakout  :unsure:

We keep saying this (myself included), but what exactly constitutes a breakout? When you think about it, all it really means is a movie exceeding expectations, which Neighbors and TFIOS already did. Apes still has a shot at doing such too. 

• Like 1