Ash Skywalker

Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials | In theaters

I've always wondered: Does RT or the individual critic decide whether a review falls under fresh or rotten?

Critics give their reviews. RT decides if it is fresh or rotten. I remember in one RT podcast that they discussed about this.

I was expecting Maze Runner was rotten at rt. Well, very likely this is happening now. Even so, I DOUBT this is worse than MJ1

It's better than MJ1.

There, I said it.

We may have a situation where the reviewers don't like it but the audience do. Who knows. Certainly disappointing to see these reviews though. I never like to see any movie get bad reviews, even the ones I know is going to get bad reviews I root for. But, it happens. 

• Like 2

We may have a situation where the reviewers don't like it but the audience do. Who knows. Certainly disappointing to see these reviews though. I never like to see any movie get bad reviews, even the ones I know is going to get bad reviews I root for. But, it happens. 

I have a feeling that's what will happen here. Because seriously, the movie's great fun, shame about the reviews. At least it seems the more blogger-type people are giving it more positive reviews.

It is not hard to be better than MJ1. Maze Runner was a far superior movie in comparison. Hell, even Insurgent was better.

True

It's better than MJ1.

There, I said it.

That doesn't means much :P

Yes. But until now, the lowest rating was 5/10, right?

I was expecting Maze Runner was rotten at rt. Well, very likely this is happening now. Even so, I DOUBT this is worse than MJ1

MJ1 was a very competently made movie that managed to still be engaging despite nary a lick of action.

Anyways, I'm bummed at the early reviews. I'm sure I'll like it better than critics cause I thought the first was better than a 64%, but I was hoping this one would be even better.

• Like 2

MJ1 was a very competently made movie that managed to still be engaging despite nary a lick of action.

Anyways, I'm bummed at the early reviews. I'm sure I'll like it better than critics cause I thought the first was better than a 64%, but I was hoping this one would be even better.

Same thought.

Releasing 25th sept over here, seems too far away. Excited anyway.

Great review from Faraci: http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/09/09/maze-runner-the-scorch-trials-review-lost-in-the-wasteland

Great point on Ball being a. "Master magician" - with great directing you can really largely ignore the story/narrative mishaps and just enjoy the ride. Then you mull over it for a bit....

• Like 1

Great review from Faraci: http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/09/09/maze-runner-the-scorch-trials-review-lost-in-the-wasteland

Great point on Ball being a. "Master magician" - with great directing you can really largely ignore the story/narrative mishaps and just enjoy the ride. Then you mull over it for a bit....

Huh? That review is very mixed.

Huh? That review is very mixed.

I meant the review itself, not his opinion on the film.

After mulling over the film a bit I do agree with the points with the issues etc, I guess though in my case taking all of these into account I still enjoyed the film a lot more than the first so :P