Ash Skywalker

Silence | Dec 23rd (Limited), January (Wide) | Trailer on Page 11

So I don't think it's the second coming, but I liked it. Honestly maybe not seeing any acting nominations. Neeson is barely in it as you know, and the two Japanese actors I liked probably have no chance. Garfield did fine though. Driver's also barely in it.

Could see maybe adapted screenplay and cinematography. Editing was standard. Don't have an opinion on the sound but my friend said it was bothering him. IDK what that means lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Travod said:

So I don't think it's the second coming, but I liked it. Honestly maybe not seeing any acting nominations. Neeson is barely in it as you know, and the two Japanese actors I liked probably have no chance. Garfield did fine though. Driver's also barely in it.

Could see maybe adapted screenplay and cinematography. Editing was standard. Don't have an opinion on the sound but my friend said it was bothering him. IDK what that means lol.

What about BP/BD noms? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Silence got snubbed by the Producer's Guild.

Will it get shut out at the Oscars?

It's been shut out of everything. Making Oscar cut would be a miracle. It's just not the awards movie Marty or not. 

Edited by Valonqar

Just now, filmlover said:

I saw this the other day and there were multiple walkouts during the movie. It's a very cold movie with almost nothing for mainstream audiences to latch on to. Even if it surprises in Oscar nominations, I'm not expecting more than a $15M total.

I'm more concerned about those Oscar nominations.

Maybe this is going under $10m.

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I wonder if it's going to get nominated for literally anything. Acting? Editing? Cinematography?

Acting is out of question (some critics tried to make one of Japanese actors happen but he hasn't crashed either SAG or BAFTA party so far). Garfield is locked and loaded for Hacksaw Ridge. No clue about Editing and Cinematography but major awards are clearly not happening. 

I'm not surprised at all but some oscar sites are having meltdowns as if one couldn't see it coming from miles away. It's a period movie about Catholic priests in Japan. Not commercial, not AMPAS thing, not anything. Passion project that remained only that.

8 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Yes. It might have a chance with some tech categories like cinematography. 

Too bad, it's an extraordinary movie.

No wonder it isn't for AMPAS. they mostly like middlebrow and mediocre especially if such movies are about Hollywood or come with "importance" label.