CJohn

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows | June 3, 2016 | IMAX release confirmed

http://www.thewrap.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-sequel-to-top-box-office-but-faces-troubled-waters-ahead/

Paramount’s “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows” is poised to come out on top this weekend as early tracking sets it at $40 million, with studio estimates closer to $37 million.

Based on the popular 1980s cartoon series, “Out of the Shadows” should emerge the victor on Sunday, beating Fox’s “X-Men: Apocalypse” for first place. But don’t let the action sequel’s probable box office supremacy fool you: The movie is swimming in treacherous waters.

The production budget for the sequel was $10 million more than the $125 million spent on making the 2014 reboot, also starringMegan Fox and Will Arnett. Yet, “TMNT 2’s” predicted $40 million opening is $25.5 million less than the grosses made during 2014’s “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” debut weekend.

The Paramount sequel will have trouble replicating that success, however, because there’s a big fish on the horizon to battle when “Finding Dory” opens two weeks later on June 17 in the U.S. and abroad. The Disney-Pixar sequel is sure to suck all the air out of any family-friendly contenders, “TMNT” included.

Paramount seems to be acutely aware of this, strategically debuting “Out of the Shadows” in 40 international markets this weekend, as they have to get while the going is good.

This looks great, in my world this would increase.

And this is def one movie, where I don't care about the reviews.  Turtles have never ever ever reviewed well.  Never stopped me from liking them, including 2014.

I hope it does well, I want more.  Kids, watch this shit!

• Like 1

On 01/06/2016 at 3:44 AM, grim22 said:

"The film is looking at a $25 million drop at the opening weekend. It will struggle to match the original's $65 million. This is due to Finding Dory hitting cinemas just two weeks later."

What the fuck? The Wrap just a bunch of clowns dribbling over their keyboards.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Treecraft said:

"The film is looking at a $25 million drop at the opening weekend. It will struggle to match the original's $65 million. This is due to Finding Dory hitting cinemas just two weeks later."

What the fuck? The Wrap just a bunch of clowns dribbling over their keyboards.

:rofl: What the fuck :rofl: Interns have no clue what they are doing :rofl: 

Saw it today. I prefer the first one but this was also fun.

I also re-watched the trailers of the first one and the marketing campaign was 500 times better than the one for this sequel. 

Just now, CJohn said:

Saw it today. I prefer the first one but this was also fun.

I also re-watched the trailers of the first one and the marketing campaign was 500 times better than the one for this movie. 

How bad is Arrow guy?

11 minutes ago, Chewy said:

How bad is Arrow guy?

Terrible. And Laura Linney thought she was going for an Oscar or idk because she was super serious and trying super hard all the time. The new Shredder was good but soooooooooooooooo underused.

Spoiler

Instead of going with him as the main villain they take him out 5 seconds after he puts the full Shredder suit on and they use a CGI Krang for the final battle which is pretty much a carbon copy of the final battle of the first movie. 

• Like 1

Just now, CJohn said:

Terrible. And Laura Linney thought she was going for an Oscar or idk because she was super serious and trying super hard all the time. The new Shredder was good but soooooooooooooooo underused.

Reveal hidden contents

lol, makes me think of TASM2 where Sally Field is acting like she's in a Steve McQueen movie while everyone else mugs for the camera

• Like 1

Just now, Chewy said:

lol, makes me think of TASM2 where Sally Field is acting like she's in a Steve McQueen movie while everyone else mugs for the camera

I was legit shocked. I am not sure if they told her she was doing a Ninja Turtles movie tbh. I saw tears in her eyes and shit. Meanwhile the Arrow dude and Megan Fox would just do hot stuff for the target audience to be quiet and look at them instead of noticing they have no idea how to act. 

And Tyler Perry was hysterical. He knew he was doing a massive piece of shit and he enjoyed every minute.

• Like 1

this shit was TERRIBLE.  I didn't like the first one (but I like Arrow and wanted to see Amell as CJ) but I would rather watch it 100 times than suffer through this.  Less than five movies I've ever walked out of it and this was very close.

7 hours ago, CJohn said:

I was legit shocked. I am not sure if they told her she was doing a Ninja Turtles movie tbh. I saw tears in her eyes and shit. Meanwhile the Arrow dude and Megan Fox would just do hot stuff for the target audience to be quiet and look at them instead of noticing they have no idea how to act. 

And Tyler Perry was hysterical. He knew he was doing a massive piece of shit and he enjoyed every minute.

lol, the TP comment is spot on.  the laugh.

8 hours ago, CJohn said:

Reveal hidden contents

Dont talk smack about Laura Linney!