CJohn

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows | June 3, 2016 | IMAX release confirmed

I didn't see the first one since both critics and the TMNT fandom hated it, but I really enjoyed the trailer of this. I would love to see it in theaters but the fact that the first one got horrid reviews turns me off. How many sequels to bad movies are generally seen as better than their predecessors other than GI Joe: Retaliation and The Purge: Anarchy?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, department store basement said:

I didn't see the first one since both critics and the TMNT fandom hated it, but I really enjoyed the trailer of this. I would love to see it in theaters but the fact that the first one got horrid reviews turns me off. How many sequels to bad movies are generally seen as better than their predecessors other than GI Joe: Retaliation and The Purge: Anarchy?

The first one is actually not that bad a movie. I enjoyed it in theaters and judging by the legs, so did the GA. It was pretty much saved from being a trainwreck by reshoots and a lot of ADR. You can see the seams for sure, but those reshoots prevented the internet from going full ballistic over the movie by removing 2 controversial aspects of the movie.

• Like 1

Not gonna lie, 2014's Turtles wasn't... awful(?). It was mildly entertaining and the effects were cool. But it could certainly learn something from Brad Bird and the Incredibles about cross-generational appeal.

4 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Not gonna lie, 2014's Turtles wasn't... awful(?). It was mildly entertaining and the effects were cool. But it could certainly learn something from Brad Bird and the Incredibles about cross-generational appeal.

Everytime I see the name Brad Bird now, I think of this

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Seriously, you'd think with a 150 million dollar budget they could afford to have a lifelike piece of pizza.

There's a scene in the first Ninja Turtles movie where Splinter, the film's worst rendered character, is holding a slice of CGI Pizza (rendered even worse than the one here), with CGI cheese just oozing off of it. That looked like something straight out of food fight.

https://youtu.be/VAbRg7xUtVU

This may get torn to shreds by the critic but frankly looks like the most entertaining & fun popcorn movie of the summer. Everything else is taking itself seriously or has dark/gritty shades.

This is just balls to walls fun times with comedy, action, adventure, cool turtles and villains. 

Edited by marveldcfox