CJohn

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows | June 3, 2016 | IMAX release confirmed

Got the trailer at Kung Fu Panda 3. I doubt I'll see it, but it's makes me happy kids get this batshit crazy looking TMNT live-action movie. I never saw the first one, but this looks more in-line with the fun cheese I think of when I hear TMNT.

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 3

This movie is going to be pretty much the same as the first. Maybe not plot-wise, but more of how well it is received. The first wasn't bad, but it didn't appeal to me beyond being dumb entertainment. Still, kids will probably love it.

61/151

3 hours ago, RichWS said:

If I can go the rest of my life and not see a frame of these movies outside of the trailers, I'll consider this whole thing a success.

The Los Angeles Clippers cameo in this one, so

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

I can disparage this all I want, but I know I'd have eaten it up as a 7 year old.

This. I loved the originals as a kid but they were in reality awful. My niece loves Nija Turles now and gets excited for this new stuff. It honestly makes me very happy. These trailers look like all the reasons I loved the turtles as a kid. People let nostalgia blind them to the fact that this franchise was never great but always fun for its target audience.

18 minutes ago, Stringer Bell Theory said:

This. I loved the originals as a kid but they were in reality awful. My niece loves Nija Turles now and gets excited for this new stuff. It honestly makes me very happy. These trailers look like all the reasons I loved the turtles as a kid. People let nostalgia blind them to the fact that this franchise was never great but always fun for its target audience.

I think the original is still fun. Of course its not a masterpiece but an enjoyable watch.

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I've liked the trailers for this sequel much better than the last film.

They seem to capture the spirit of the 80's cartoon way more.

Though I still wish the turtle design was easier on the eyes.

Yeah. Never saw the first one but this looks super fun

6 hours ago, RichWS said:

I was 7 when Secret of the Ooze came out so I kinda get it. I'll also get on my high horse and say today's kids would be lucky to see a film like Ooze on the big screen.

I watched bits of the first one on youtube last year having not seen it since the cinema when I was 6 and it's weirdly... gritty? The production design is almost 70s-esque, which I suppose is in keeping with the original comics.