CJohn

Weekend Estimates: The Purge 28.3M | Apes 36M | Sex Tape 15M | Planes 18M | Godzilla 470k +91% 198.9m!!! | More Numbers on Page 1

Didn't a Cameron Diaz comedy made like 200M WW just 3 months ago? Can we now say that was all Kate Upton boobs draw power with a tiny bit of Leslie Mann draw power?

Dat Nicki Minaj effect.

• Like 1

Dat Nicki Minaj effect.

Forgot that she was in that movie as well. Nicki Minaj and Kate Upton's boobs should star in another movie together. But without box office poison Cameron Diaz. 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

I still have zero clue as to why Maleficent is holding so well. The WOM is nothing special, and the reviews are VERY mixed. To me, it was a good/decent movie. The end.It's not even the only "family film" out there. How to Train Your Dragon 2 is getting significantly better reception, yet here's Maleficent doing significantly better at the box office. This summer had no rules.With that said, good numbers for both Purge and Apes. Apes should still win the weekend though, which makes me happy.

I think by the evidence, the WOM of Maleficent is fantastic. Perhaps not among the classic movie geek crowd, but definitely overall.

Didn't a Cameron Diaz comedy made like 200M WW just 3 months ago? Can we now say that was all Kate Upton boobs draw power with a tiny bit of Leslie Mann draw power?

It wasn't Diaz. It was the other woman. :ph34r:

• Like 2

It was a comedy aimed at women and they liked it. Not that many movies are geared towards women.

• Like 1

Early weekend estimate for DOFP from BO.com, since BOM doesn't have any Friday numbers for it:

Limited (100 — 999)

5 X-Men: Days of Future Past $650,000 -37% 387 -268 $1,680 $230,424,662 9 Fox

I'm guessing it got a good Friday increase then? That PTA will be higher than last weekend's if it holds. If the number holds it will be more than double X3's weekend at the same point of release.

Edited by Sky™
  • Like 2

I was watching Family Feud with my parents and sister a few days ago and the question was 'At what age do a couple stop having sex?' and the crazy Christian said '50!' to which my 51 year old dad lol'd and said 'As if'. Not a good moment.

• Like 6

I was watching Family Feud with my parents and sister a few days ago and the question was 'At what age do a couple stop having sex?' and the crazy Christian said '50!' to which my 51 year old dad lol'd and said 'As if'. Not a good moment.

Posted Image

• Like 9

Am I the only one who thought Jason Segel looked really fuckin weird in the Sex Tape trailers? I guess he lost weight or something, but it didn't work out for him.

He looks almost as emaciated as McConaughey in Dallas Buyers Club. Truly bizarre.

Am I the only one who thought Jason Segel looked really fuckin weird in the Sex Tape trailers? I guess he lost weight or something, but it didn't work out for him.

Can't we just be happy for the guy trying to live more healthy? No? How dares he, right?

• Like 1

I'm Christian myself. Age 50 is a dumb answer.