Neo

THE Incredibles 2 | June 15, 2018 | NO SPOILERS!!!!

Damn, I really hope there is a ton more to this film than what the trailer showed. I hope that is only a small fraction of the film, not the main storyline. Like okay she's out fighting crime and he's stuck at home with the kid who is bound to generate a ton of jokes. 

I wanted to see the family back in action and from that trailer it seems like it may happen only at the beginning and the end of the film with the characters separated for the rest of it. They probably only reunite because she gets worn out in that role and some big threat appears.

Hype just went way down for this because that feels predictable.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, somebody85 said:

Damn, I really hope there is a ton more to this film than what the trailer showed. I hope that is only a small fraction of the film, not the main storyline. Like okay she's out fighting crime and he's stuck at home with the kid who is bound to generate a ton of jokes. 

I wanted to see the family back in action and from that trailer it seems like it may happen only at the beginning and the end of the film with the characters separated for the rest of it. They probably only reunite because she gets worn out in that role and some big threat appears.

Hype just went way down for this because that feels predictable.

To me it seems like the family will be together for the third act at best, maybe not even that much. Which is definitely disappointing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

To me it seems like the family will be together for the third act at best, maybe not even that much. Which is definitely disappointing. 

The trailer doesn't say too much imo, but this will be like Dory, will play the nostalgia factor and will make $. The Incredibles was very praised and well received by critics and audience (though it didn't make a huge boxoffice run, but quite acceptable). 

The 100M+ ow and 400M+ dom are an easy achievement I think. And it wouldn't surprise me a 130-140M ow and 450M+ dom, on the Dory level. 

Have to be very honest: the Olympics trailer was a letdown. It was... okay. I was not thrilled at all w/the choice of "she goes out there and does cool shit, while he stays home w/the kids" thing. Before anyone accuses me of mysogyny, trust me, I'd have the exact same reaction if it was the other way around (which would probably get me SJW accusations). Seems like:

1) a total retread of The Incredibles 1, only w/the female in the male's place and vice-versa;

2) a lame creative decision, given that we saw them all fight together at the end, so it'd make so much more sense to have them all together from the start, and then split them up on a mission or something.

Granted, the trailer could have shown just a portion of the film and the 2nd half is them all together, but still, it feels like a missed opportunity to do something better than just Incredibles: Genderswapped Edition. We'll see. Pixar have always had disappointing trailers (except for the Cars 3 teaser... which didn't fool me a bit tbh). And I wasn't a huge fan of Dory's either... and I ended up liking Dory.

For what's worth, this is going to be a gigantic hit, nonetheless. Disney's gonna laugh all the way to the bank regardless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Have to be very honest: the Olympics trailer was a letdown. It was... okay. I was not thrilled at all w/the choice of "she goes out there and does cool shit, while he stays home w/the kids" thing. Before anyone accuses me of mysogyny, trust me, I'd have the exact same reaction if it was the other way around (which would probably get me SJW accusations). Seems like:

1) a total retread of The Incredibles 1, only w/the female in the male's place and vice-versa;

2) a lame creative decision, given that we saw them all fight together at the end, so it'd make so much more sense to have them all together from the start, and then split them up on a mission or something.

Granted, the trailer could have shown just a portion of the film and the 2nd half is them all together, but still, it feels like a missed opportunity to do something better than just Incredibles: Genderswapped Edition. We'll see. Pixar have always had disappointing trailers (except for the Cars 3 teaser... which didn't fool me a bit tbh). And I wasn't a huge fan of Dory's either... and I ended up liking Dory.

For what's worth, this is going to be a gigantic hit, nonetheless. Disney's gonna laugh all the way to the bank regardless.

I bet the trailer is hiding the whole plot, Brad Bird thinks about this sequel for years and always said he will make it only when he have a great story to tell

Probably the scenes on the Olympics trailer is from the beginning, all of them screams "1st act" for me hahah

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

If that trailer really is the plot for the whole film, I bet we'll get an opening set piece with them all together, separate for the middle and then come back at the end. I really hope not because that structure has been done to death.

2 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

I bet the trailer is hiding the whole plot, Brad Bird thinks about this sequel for years and always said he will make it only when he have a great story to tell

Probably the scenes on the Olympics trailer is from the beginning, all of them screams "1st act" for me hahah

Hope so man. Hope all of that was just a montage and it switches up pretty quickly. I liked Tomorrowland more than most but a lot obviously didn't so Brad Bird can do wrong. 

I hope it's not another Finding Dory or Monsters University.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Hope so man. Hope all of that was just a montage and it switches up pretty quickly. I liked Tomorrowland more than most but a lot obviously didn't so Brad Bird can do wrong. 

I hope it's not another Finding Dory or Monsters University.

All the recently movies from Disney don't show much off the plot, so probably this will be the case again

Finding Dory is just ok but i think they'll do the best possible, Nemo is a great movie but it doesn't have much to tell after that

The Incredibles have a lot of space to expand, it's probably the only Pixar movie which really needs a sequel, i think they have a lot of surprises for us!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kaijukurt said:

Just realized only Violet has dark hair among the family. :winomg: 

And all the kids are blue eyed like the father, and the mother is brown eyed ... brown is dominant over blue in genetics (unless the father being blue-blue and the mother being blue-brown, then it's possible)

Edited by meriodejaneiro
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

And all the kids are blue eyed like the father, and the mother is brown eyed ... brown is dominant over blue in genetics (unless the father being blue-blue and the mother being blue-brown, then it's possible)

Brad Bird, amateur geneticist 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/17/2018 at 2:42 PM, meriodejaneiro said:

The trailer doesn't say too much imo, but this will be like Dory, will play the nostalgia factor and will make $. The Incredibles was very praised and well received by critics and audience (though it didn't make a huge boxoffice run, but quite acceptable). 

The 100M+ ow and 400M+ dom are an easy achievement I think. And it wouldn't surprise me a 130-140M ow and 450M+ dom, on the Dory level. 

On 2/18/2018 at 2:52 AM, ThomasNicole said:

The trailer views is really constantly, it's making 4-5M views per day on YouTube

Yesterday it was in 14M, now it was on 18.5 million

If the movie delivers [and i think it wil], $ 400M is the goal

It won't even touch 300M $ 

Just have a look at the competition. We have JW next to I2 and Ocean's 8 week before.

9 minutes ago, Lothar said:

Just have a look at the competition. We have JW next to I2 and Ocean's 8 week before.

Not even the same target audience for it. Besides IO survived JW1. It should cross $300M easily.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Lothar said:

Inside Out came out just a week after Jurassic World (which still made 100M+ on IO's opening weekend), a couple of weeks before Minions (real direct competition, and BIG one at that), some non-direct competition like Ant-Man and Mission: Impossible 5.... still made 300M+.

Despicable Me 3 had zero real competition until The Emoji Movie (which recieved Godawful wom), but still took on some heavyweights like Spider-Man: Homecoming and Dunkirk..... didn't stop it in any way from having great legs and coming near 270M (under expectations, but franchise fatigue + Minions' terrible wom played heavy roles).

Incredibles is gonna open even bigger than any of these animations did (wouldn't be surprised if it matches or beats Finding Dory's opening), and it has no direct competition worth a damn (Hotel Transylvania 3 is the closest thing to that, and there's no way that it has Minions or Secret Life Of Pets type numbers). Your point?

• Like 2