Neo

THE Incredibles 2 | June 15, 2018 | NO SPOILERS!!!!

We said that about Coco too....then again, that had maybe one Disney movie in front of it (Ragnarok) that needed a push. If they don't want this to be lost in the shuffle of IW/Solo, this is going to need a little bit more.

17 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

^Good, it's definitely time for a proper and more effective trailer. I don't care what anyone says about the years of anticipation for this, marketing has been underwhelming so far. 

Disney has two films to focus on prior to this.  The marketing has been effective at building up buzz and awareness, that’s all it needs to do until around May.

9 minutes ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

Disney has two films to focus on prior to this.  The marketing has been effective at building up buzz and awareness, that’s all it needs to do until around May.

Dory also had shitty marketing as well.

8 minutes ago, Tree Was Never Really Here said:

And Coco only made 200M.

The combo of Jumanji, Ferdinand, Showman and Jedi hurt its late legs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

I honestly think I2 has been doing a better job at marketing itself than Dory, IO, Cars 3 and Coco.

And unlike all four, there seems to be an apparent hype.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Dory also had shitty marketing as well.

The combo of Jumanji, Ferdinand, Showman and Jedi hurt its late legs.

nah. Its late legs were not the problem. It made 50 through the holiday a month after it opened - I'd say late legs were fairly good. It opened much much lower than most pixar movies and was just a weaker film throughout its run. Its legs were fine, it had a 4x multi from the 3-day and 3x multi from the 5-day.

Inside Out had Jurassic World and Minions against it during its run so you can't blame Coco's performance on Ferdinand lmao

Edited by Tree Was Never Really Here

10 minutes ago, Tree Was Never Really Here said:

nah. Its late legs were not the problem. It made 50 through the holiday a month after it opened - I'd say late legs were fairly good. It opened much much lower than most pixar movies and was just a weaker film throughout its run. Its legs were fine, it had a 4x multi from the 3-day and 3x multi from the 5-day.

Inside Out had Jurassic World and Minions against it during its run so you can't blame Coco's performance on Ferdinand lmao

Coco wasn’t facing just Ferdinand, it was facing Jumanji, The Last Jedi and the unexpected breakout of Showman. You act is if it was just Ferdinand. It was gaining ground on Moana then fell apart over the holidays.

• Like 1

its legs were fine when those movies came out, anyway the bulk of any films gross is in its first few weeks not 4+ weeks out... you really cannot blame films that came out a whole month later, as the reason for it underperforming.

1 hour ago, manny1234 said:

I have a feeling this will be the highest grossing animated film of all time domestically and might win the summer.

tumblr_p27y4f_Ba_Vo1qhbttlo3_400.gif

I can see both of those, Highest Grossing Animated Film more so, but both of them nonetheless.

1 minute ago, Tree Was Never Really Here said:

why would incredibles 2 make more than finding dory?

Nemo adjusts to 517M. Incredibles adjusts to... 385M.

It will be much closer to monsters inc 2.

Monsters University was a prequel to Monsters Inc. (and therefore lost one of the most popular characters from the first movie) so it makes sense as to why it didn't grow at all.

Finding Dory made what Finding Nemo did in its original run ($339M) adjusted to 2016 dollars ($487M) so I expect Incredibles 2 will see a similar increase gross-wise (which is $385M).

22 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

"Marketing for (insert Pixar film here) has sucked so far"

Pixar has had some underwhelming marketing campaigns, but Inside Out and Finding Dory both had great marketing and look at how much better they did than any other recent Pixar effort. Dory was for other factors too obviously, but IO definitely owed its OW to the great marketing. TGD and Coco had underwhelming marketing and both had underwhelming OWs. Same goes for Brave, MU, and the Cars sequels to lesser extents. Ratatouille back in the day is another example of when Pixar dropped the ball on marketing and it affected the OW. Pixar doesn't need to rely on effective marketing as much as most studios, especially with sequels, but they definitely still need it. 

• Like 1