Neo

THE Incredibles 2 | June 15, 2018 | NO SPOILERS!!!!

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I wouldn't exactly call opening in the midst of no less than four potential $150M+ openers over a two month span "less competition."

Jurassic World might take families away but it'll be nowhere near as Kid friendly as The incredibles which will have basically a monopoly on.... i'd say under-12's until HT3. And that's assuming jurassic world is good, there's no way it'll be kid friendly enough to take much from the Incredibles

7 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Jurassic World might take families away but it'll be nowhere near as Kid friendly as The incredibles which will have basically a monopoly on.... i'd say under-12's until HT3. And that's assuming jurassic world is good, there's no way it'll be kid friendly enough to take much from the Incredibles

Maybe, but appeal to little kids is likely to be lower for this than it was for Dory (worth mentioning that the original Incredibles had by far the lowest multiplier for a Pixar movie at the time, most likely due to the low "cuteness" factor in comparison, and upheld it until WALL-E a few years later). Dory also opened in an uneventful summer too (everything that opened between Civil War and it was either a flop or barely met expectations) so it stood out more. I'll be very surprised if this surpasses it, even though it's sure to make a killing either way.

Edited by filmlover

So guys according to report search on Instagram and Twitter New Zeland and Australian theaters are reporting that tix are now on sale in those territories! Hmmm, I wonder tix will go sale here in the US in 40 mins, tomorrow morning, or Saturday? 

Just now, Seth Irskens said:

So guys according to report search on Instagram and Twitter New Zeland and Australian theaters are reporting that tix are now on sale in those territories! Hmmm, I wonder tix will go sale here in the US in 40 mins, tomorrow morning, or Saturday? 

Most likely tomorrow. A bunch of theaters around me have showtimes up for that weekend but aren't actually selling them yet.

16 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Looks like it's starting in large formats at 5 and all other formats are at 6.

Looks like it in Sacramento as well.  All of the PLF showings start at 5pm while the rest start at 6.  A bit odd, but there you are.  

Some theaters haven't checked in yet though, but the pattern does appear to be fairly clear.

• Like 2

An upcoming livestream that's happening later tonight (7 EST/4 PST)

Description

It's showtime! We’re celebrating #IncrediblesDay the incredible way. Ashley Eckstein is coming to you from #InsidePixar with a super sneak peek at new swag, activities, obstacles, and more. See #Incredibles2 in Theaters June 15!

....k?

• ...wtf 1

Just now, Seth Irskens said:

I wonder with the Livestream tonight they will release a couple movie clips online during or after the live stream?? :)

They've already said that never-before-seen footage will be featured in the event.

each day, i'm feeling more this will gross + $ 400M

the hype on internet is really high, i don't remember the hype for Dory being in this level [of course the fact this appeal more for adults than Dory helps]

everyone here also says the trailers always have excellent reactions from the public on theaters