Neo

THE Incredibles 2 | June 15, 2018 | NO SPOILERS!!!!

If anything it's the multiplier that looks wonky. The first movie missed a 4.0 multiplier by a quite a bit over thirteen years ago (a lifetime in box office trends), and this one is bound to be a lot more frontloaded being a sequel. Finding Dory opened to $135M, which seems like an easy target for this.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

If anything it's the multiplier that looks wonky. The first movie missed a 4.0 multiplier by a quite a bit over thirteen years ago (a lifetime in box office trends), and this one is bound to be a lot more frontloaded being a sequel. Finding Dory opened to $135M, which seems like an easy target for this.

i'm thinking 3.5 - 3.6x multiplier, around Dory's multiplier [3,59x]

If this lives up to the quality of Bird's other three animated films, I will say that I think he might be second only to Miyazaki among best animated feature directors. It will at least give him the edge for the time being over Stanton, Docter, and Unkrich among the Pixar crew. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, filmlover said:

That 3.59 multiplier that they're predicting seems very unlikely given Pixar sequels are quite a bit less leggy than their predecessors while also almost always opening higher:

Toy Story (6.58x) vs Toy Story 2 (4.28x) vs Toy Story 3 (3.76x)

Monsters, Inc. (4.09x) vs Monsters University (3.26x)

Finding Nemo (4.84x) vs Finding Dory (3.60x)

Cars (4.06x) vs Cars 2 (2.89x) vs Cars 3 (2.85x)

The Incredibles had a 3.71 multiplier, so this one will probably pull a multiplier in the low 3s. I don't see this one missing 3x so long as its reception isn't at the level of Brave/Monsters U or worse.

• Like 1

So while other sites like Fandango Regal and Cinemark, for example, are saying the movie is 118 Mins (1hr 58mins) others (as of today recently) are now saying it's 126 mins (2hrs 6mins) 

2 Sites Like AMC https://www.amctheatres.com/movies/the-incredibles-2-49549

And Cineplex https://www.cineplex.com/Movie/incredibles-2?cmpid=NPCS_Home_Showtimes_ENG (Though it does say 125 mins - 2hrs 5mins)

Does anyone know what the official Length of the movie is? (Regardless it is destined to be the longest Pixar film to date - which is a very good thing for us older fans of the first movie in 2004) :)

Edited by Seth Irskens
  • Like 1

On 5/8/2018 at 9:27 PM, YourMother the Edgelord said:

They dropped hell and crap in Ratatouille and it got a G. Don’t see the big deal.

They said "hell" in Cars as well. I remember being 12 and completely shocked by that.

Though it's worth noting in the context the word is being used in the films it's alluding to Hell as a place, which isn't considered a swear.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2018 at 12:46 PM, ThomasNicole said:

I'll be happy if the movie does $ 395M dom, but i think it will do a little more

Maybe $ 120M debut [i mean, it's the first big animated movie this year, is the only pixar sequel people really wanted, and the trailer views and social media is really huge for an animated movie], and a $ 420 - 435M total dom

Worldwide i don't know what to expect, Coco exploded on China, Incredibles II have everything they appear to like, maybe a breakout could happen and push the worldwide number to + 1B

I think it'll do better than Finding Dory since it has less competition. Heck FD didn't have much competition till a 4th week SLOP, and HT3 is not SLOP

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

I think it'll do better than Finding Dory since it has less competition. Heck FD didn't have much competition till a 4th week SLOP, and HT3 is not SLOP

I wouldn't exactly call opening in the midst of no less than four potential $150M+ openers over a two month span "less competition."

• Like 1