iceroll

American Idol Season 11 (And the winner is...)

Jessica had a pretty weak (for her) night last night. I don't know what the judges were smoking with the praise they gave her for "My All." That was just ... no.Phillip was good in his first, not bad but boring in the 2nd, and VERY good in the 3rd.Josh seemed the most consistent the whole night for me. Loved "Imagine." Why do people think he screams? Because his voice is a little bit of a higher register? I was (huge mistake here) reading the comments in response to the AI post on People.com and I was ready to punch my screen.NO idea who will go home tonight though. Jessica has a great voice, but I kinda think she's not ready. As far as Phillip goes, I just am weary of yet another WGWG winning, and he's a bit inconsistent. Though the past couple weeks he's been much better. Josh, I'd like to see him sing something very understated kind of like what Phillip did with the Seger song last night.I wouldn't be mad at any of them winning. Though I do get kind of annoyed at the hormonal girls who always vote for the cute guy, even if he sucks (not saying PP sucks.)

Watched it for the first time in a while last night. Can't believe Joshua is still around and the judges are still giving him standing ovations... he's over the top and sounds like Donald Duck. That Mary J Blige song he sang was pretty good but he's way overrated by the judges and he will never have a hit record. Phillip should win hands down.

• Founder / Operator

Joshua is incredible. It took me awhile to come around to him, but he really knows how to command a stage and his performances last night probably sealed the deal for him to win.Phillip is still my personal favorite, but I wouldn't complain if either or Joshua wins.Jessica has the best technical ability but she's just too young to display the confidence and experience of an Idol winner, IMO.

I really dont like any of their performances atm,they maybe good singers but the singing style of all three leaves me cold i wouldnt want to watch buy or listern to anything they do..I also have major problems with the judges,they keep pushing the myth that these people are the best Idol contestants ever and that some of their performances are the greatest theres been on Idol, a statment that is wrong biased and plain untrue....

I thought Phillip's third performance was really overrated. The judges gave him a standing ovation (his first) and said it was his best performance ever when it wasn't even his best of the night. His first song was better IMO but nothing compared to "Volcano" last week. I thought Josh was the strongest as usual and Jessica's first performance was great but the second and third songs didn't really suit her. I'm hoping Phillip goes home but I expect Jessica to go home today. Too bad because Jessica's the only one who could stop the WGWG streak from continuing for the 5th straight year.

I thought Jessica was off pitch and wayyyy overmatched by her first song. Horrible, horrible choice for her by J-Lo. No one should sing that song but Mariah, and even Mariah of 2012 should not sing that song.It'd been great if she wouldn't have tried to do an exact replica of how Mariah sang it. She isn't good enough to do that, very very very few people are. If she'd changed it up to better fit how she *can* sing it may have been great.

If white guy with a guitar #5 wins this year I'm officially done with this show because it's clearly no longer about talent. It's just about the girls voting for the cute white boy. Phillip has had 2 memorable performances the whole season, Volcano and the Seger song last night, and yet he sails to the finale. Admittedly both of those came at the end which surely helped, but he should've been gone long before then. He has zero singing range and gave the exact same generic melody free performance every single time up until Volcano last week.

I'm still just in shock that he managed to knock out TWO of the most talented contestants they've ever had from making the finale with Skylar and now Josh. At least Jess made it, but honestly her consistency on the show wasn't quite as strong as Josh or Skylar even though her voice is incredible. I just think she needed a few more years. Will still be voting the daylights out of her next week. She just has to win for the sake of this show's credibility.

LOLI just found out what WGWG means last night... that is pretty hysterical. And sadly out of all the WGWG that keep winning, only one or two of them is successful. Lee Dewyze? Probably the worst winner in history. :lol:Ah well. Still rooting for WGWG5.

WGWG?