Rorschach

CAYOM Comic-Con Year 9

Not to interrupt Numbers' panels, but does anyone know the schedule for tomorrow? Starting to work on my panel, and I'd like to know the time stamps

All I know is that I want to be last so I have more time to finish it and a big panel never ends a con.

All I know is that I want to be last so I have more time to finish it and a big panel never ends a con.

Sunday Schedule:MyselfBlankmentsRukaioEmpire

That is the order. Rorschach needs to establish his time for going and the rest of you will schedule from there.

PANEL 4- THE COMING FUTURE

6:55- A group of studio executives and producers for Numerator Pictures come out to share plans for the studio going forward.

6:56- First on the agenda is Star Wars. Though rumored for a couple weeks, it is now confirmed that there will be a fourth initial Star Wars film before the Event Series happens. The untitled third film that had been scheduled for May, Year 12 will now appear July, Year 11, and the fourth film will arrive November or December of Year 12. When asked why the addition, the producer says that the initial plan was to include some world-building and personal connections in the second half of The Path of a Jedi, but after an initial story treatment and script draft, they realized that they were trying to force too much into the back half of the movie and didn’t think the development would feel earned. So they scrapped plans for that and decided that they would instead flesh out that development in a fourth film.

As for the now Year-11 offering, the producer says that it will feature the return of Sharlto Copley’s Novar as one of the antagonists towards the heroes. Pre-production and storyboarding will begin in the coming months, as well as casting. The producer gives a weak evasive response to the rumors that Felicity Jones is being looked at for the lead antagonist role. As for the new Year 12 film, the producer would only say that whereas each of the previous three films take source material and plot points from the Tales of the Jedi comic series, the Year 12 film will feature an entirely original story featuring characters introduced in previous outings.

7:07- Next, a producer talks about StarCraft. The fourth entry in the franchise, Queen of Blades, is due May, Year 11 and the producer says it will be a cap on their initial run in the franchise. But he tells the audience not to worry, the studio does plan to adapt Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm, just not immediately since they want to let some time pass and the actors age naturally to fit with the time jump. The producer says that Queen of Blades will be an intense ride that will have characters questioning loyalties and their purpose as they struggle for control of the sector. Zoe Kravitz will be joining the cast of Queen of Blades as the voice and motion capture for the Protoss character Selendis.

7:12- After that, an executive tells us about plans for the next stage of Pokémon for Numerator Pictures. He mentions that the studio has licensed out the rights to a couple animated Mystery Dungeon movies, and that Pokémon will make an appearance in the eventual Smash Brothers movie, but the full universe building will stay in-house. The plan is to release in early Year 11 the first of three films to cover the Johto saga. The protagonist will be a young boy, in contrast to the Kanto saga starring Hailee Steinfeld. When asked which starter Pokémon will be used, the producer smiles and says there’s only one possible choice, leaving fans to argue over what that choice is. Open casting calls are now being circulated.

7:17- When asked about properties such as Halo, Mass Effect, and Dragon Age, the panel responds that all three properties are being looked at, but nothing until Year 12 or 13 at the earliest. One executive says he’d rather turn Mass Effect into a super-premium television series, but “they tried CAYOT once in the old days and it failed, so we’re figuring out the best way to turn the franchise into movies that respect, expand, and creatively adapt the universe.”

7:21- Finally, an executive gives a brief intro to the final Year 11 topic, a film called His Majesty’s Service. The executive says that the film is set in World War 2 and follows a fictional story where several famous British writers and actors who in real life served in the British military and spy corps, such as Ian Fleming, Roald Dahl, and Christopher Lee, form a special unit to end a nefarious Nazi plot. The executive calls it “WW2 meets James Bond meets The Avengers” in terms of its tone and style. No one has been picked for the cast or the director’s chair, but Peter Morgan will be writing the screenplay.

7:25- And with that the panel concludes. And Numerator Pictures closes its presentation.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 4

Yes, I will explain. I will be going last as I'm a little busy in the morning. You guys may establish your times as needed. I will probably start around 5:30 P.m. Central Time.

I will post mine whenever you finish as for mine to work, it needs to be last.
  • Like 1

Quentin Tarantino Kicked Out of Comic Con Panel

In a panel  about the need for more female character lead comics, Quentin Tarantino was invited to be on the panel for his role in creating great female characters in film (the Bride and Shosanna being notable examples.) Unfortunately, halfway through the panel, some woman asked him about his foot fetish and all hell kinda broke loose. Tarantino was kicked out of Comic Con for the day, but should be allowed back in tomorrow to appear at Blankments' panel.

• Like 4

The Lager Studios panel has announced that the Into The Dead sequel panel will be cancelled due to the underwhelming box office returns of its domestic gross. Despite having mostly decent ratings from the critics, the film did not seem to impress audiences. The worldwide numbers still have yet to be announced but one can hope for the best.

The existence of my panel is currently in flux owing to the underperforming of Overdrive and the fact that I'm too fucking furious at Blank at the moment to feel like writing.

If it does happen, it's probably either going to be late Sunday or early Monday.

Edited by Rukaio Alter

In a surprising twist, a panel at Comic Con has apparently just been vandalised. Police suspect the vandal was planning on vandalising the Blankments Studio panel but got confused and accidentally vandalised the 'Bank Mints panel' (although what a panel dedicated to giving out free mints at banks was doing at a comic convention is still unclear). The graffitti written include such statements as 'The SPS panel will rock' and 'Joseph Joestarr woz here'. The police have no clear suspects. 

(Basically, my panel's back on. I'm not going to be able to finish it until tomorrow (for me) though. If I wake up early enough that might mean I'll be able to get it done before you all go to sleep but it's more likely I've end up posting it in tomorrow evening (for me)/morning (for you).) 

• Like 4