Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

It's baffling how some theaters are actually mistaking the new Marvel movie with a nearly two year old animated film.

I am guessing they were busy and saw guardians in the title and clicked on that to play. I can see how one can make the mistake. 

Saturday needs to be 29m at least for 90m weekend. It really does have a good shot at being #1 movie of the summer, and quite possibly of the year so far as well.

How so? Why does it have a shot at either?

Well the good news is the dog days are approaching. It's going to be so hot and humid outside that people are gonna wanna start doing some things indoors again. Why not the movies? Guardians, Turtles, Lets Be Cops, Into The Storm, WTGST, this August looks special.

I think Guardians will have the best legs out of the summer $90Mers. It deserves it and feels like the most crowd-pleasing movie of them all. If it doesn't somehow pass TF4 though, then I'm considering April summer so Cap wins. 

I don't care about midnights or whatever, that 2nd weekend drop is what I'm waiting for, that's what will help give us a guage for the rest of it's run. 

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 5