Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

94M??? :excited: I hope that's true!!!I think this has a great chance at having 3X multiplier. A lot of great WOM, fantastic reviews. Not to mention there isn't much going against it. Ninja turtles are a maybe, The Giver nope, Expendables nope, if I stay nope......

• Like 1

Rank* Title Friday

8/1

(Estimates)

Saturday

8/2

(Estimates)

Sunday

8/3

(Estimates)

Monday

8/4

1 GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

Buena Vista

$37,800,000

-- / $9,265

$37,800,000 / 1

$31,000,000

-18% / $7,598

$68,800,000 / 2

$25,200,000

-18.7% / $6,176

$94,000,000 / 3

Saturday was overestimated, it won't rise much with an estimated 18.7% Sun drop.

Yeah, not much play there to go higher with that drop. 

A fantastic number and a great Saturday increase for a summer movie.

One small stumbling block - I think it only gets IMAX for one week -  it loses it's screens to The Turtles

I don't think it'd matter much, family audience probably prefer to see it in a cheaper format anyway.

But I'd LOVE to see it in IMAX, there isn't one in my city. Poor me.

• Like 1

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>HERCULES took in an estimated $10.7M this weekend. Domestic total now stands at $52.35M. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Hercules?src=hash">#Hercules</a></p>&mdash; BoxOffice (@BoxOffice) <a href="

3, 2014</a></blockquote><script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
  • Like 1

Hmm...surprised that Sat # is a couple mil less than rth's late update last night/early this morning.Regardless, $94m+ ow is pretty incredible and well done Guardians.

Edited by FTF

The Saturday retention is still phenomenal and the Sunday drop plausible. I hope it stays over Godzilla. Amazing OW, shocker of the year. The saddest summer ever had one last shot.

Not for the films quality though.

GOTG and DOFP top IM3 in EVERY WAY except the money it made. HTTYD2 is better than DM2 and MU and Godzilla kicks WWZ's zombies arse.

• Like 4

Learn your colors Chewy!

Posted Image

Hmmm. I;m a girl, and just the other day, my cousin, who is also a girl, and I had a spat over colors. I said something like, I like the pinkish one, and she goes "It's fuschia," and I was like, "It's still fucking pinkish!"

• Like 7