Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

Doubtful. Turtles lack appeal to the female audience, so they might just convince the boyfriends, husbands, kids to go see GOTG instead.

I'm still thinking no more than 40 million for TMNT.

What wrong with the female audience? Aren't they interested in any movies that don't look pretty or cute? Can't they enjoy movies without romantic sup-plot or over-sentimental message?

Or maybe, people like me who grew up on the Raimi Spider-Man films were just completely turned off with the new one. The new Spider-Man is a complete douche, the new Harry is uncharismatic and fugly (compared to James Franco, yeah, he is) and the new love interest was blah! What's the point of getting excited for a movie when I just simply did not give a shit about anyone in the first movie?

They should never have rebooted.  Recasting after 5 years - fine - but they should have continued the story.  That's what Bond did until recently.   It's not as if Garfield wasn't old enough then at 28 to play a post college Peter.  Sending him back as a do-over , repeating too many story elements, and so soon after the first series which was such a success and so widely known was foolish.

• Like 6

I think Rocket, Groot and Drax actually got more praise than Pratt. :ph34r:

But none of them are being considered the best lead actor in an MCU film since RDJ in Iron Man. Damn, Tony and Peter are going to totally fight over Gamora, and Pepper will probably run off with Bruce, since Betty is another one of those love interests that is boring as fuck.

GL makes ASM2 look like TDK

I must have been in a cornball mood the day I saw GL, because I actually remember liking it somewhat and was offended by all of the hate on it. But, hindsight is 20/20 and I have bought the movie twice now(discounted DVD and then a discounted BR), but still haven't watched it again, with no interest to. I guess I just need to realize it sucks. :lol:

• Like 3

Oh I knew I was going to love Groot and Rocket. It's Batista that surprised the hell out of me.

My favorite scene in the movie is with him and Rocket. I just loved the scene when he starts to pat Rocket on the head! It was so damn, awe, the feels man. The feels!

• Like 1

What wrong with the female audience? Aren't they interested in any movies that don't look pretty or cute? Can't they enjoy movies without romantic sup-plot or over-sentimental message?

No but I think it helps if there's one female they can relate to and Michael Bay movies don't have those kind of females - they're just walking T&A for the male lead and audience.  It might have helped bring in more of a female audience if Megan Fox wasn't playing April.

• Like 2

But none of them are being considered the best lead actor in an MCU film since RDJ in Iron Man. Damn, Tony and Peter are going to totally fight over Gamora, and Pepper will probably run off with Bruce, since Betty is another one of those love interests that is boring as fuck.

They're being discriminated against because they're not human. :lol:  And Evans, Hemsworth > Pratt.

Bruce will be hooking up with Natasha.

They can, but the movie has to be good or at least entertaining without dick and fart jokes. I expect a lot of that kind of humor from a a Michael Bay produced TMNT film.

I hope this film does one thing though...make people realize the animated film wasn't nearly as bad as they thought. :P

• Like 1

While I don't think it will get to 1.1, it is still performing very well in South America.  1.1 is not out of the question.

It's mostly that I don't see TF4 matching TF3's gross in Japan. Even if it does well, that's probably in the $30-$40m range.

• Like 1

I must have been in a cornball mood the day I saw GL, because I actually remember liking it somewhat and was offended by all of the hate on it. But, hindsight is 20/20 and I have bought the movie twice now(discounted DVD and then a discounted BR), but still haven't watched it again, with no interest to. I guess I just need to realize it sucks. :lol:

I tried my best to wash away the memories of GL :(

Posted Image

• Like 4

Walked dog in gorgeous park today...here is what I look at when i take her for a walk:  

Posted Image

Then going to see A Most Wanted Man later in the afternoon.  Seymour Hoffman and Rachel McAdams.  Can't wait.

• Like 7

Wasn't TF4's opening weekend an increase? What opened last year on that weekend?

The Heat and White House Down. But it was also the second weekend of Monsters University and World War Z and the third for Man of Steel, so...

• Like 1

It's mostly that I don't see TF4 matching TF3's gross in Japan. Even if it does well, that's probably in the $30-$40m range.

I agree.  It will probably end about 30 mill short.

Actually the new TMNT is actually getting a lot of positvie reactions.

I think there's still a big fan base waiting for it.  The RT/Flixster want to see  # is solid at 67 thou and the trailer has a lot of hits.  I could see a $50m+ opening though being so close to each other might hurt both GOTG and TMNT with the younger audience.

• Like 1