Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

did Diesel actually do motion capture for Groot or did he get paid millions just to record that one line?

He got millions just to record that one line, yes. He did it in several languages, tho :lol:

He got 50 pages of script for 'that one line'

beside getting involved during conversations (still ongoing) for a phase 3 project and learning to go on stilts,... he recorded his line over a 1000 times, 4 days long

I'm pretty much on the hunt for a lot of GotG background details, never found one word about his salary, but lots of comments how important to him the work was, at it helped him as the first work he did after his friends death => the challenge of the role...

Plus his children told him to pick Groot as a role

=> he seems to tend to be a bit more relaxed about money, if he sees a reason (me = not a fan, only found too many articles,... sounding in that way)

=> as far as I know is voice acting usually not paid by the millions.

Marvel pays a lot to one, and not that much to others, is rather known for not paying that much to new to the 'family' actors.

E.g. Scarlett Johansen got $400.000 for Iron Man 2

Chris Evans for Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) $300.000

For Avengers 1 they got ~ $2 to $3m each - exception Downey, who's salary is since Avengers 1 IMHO insane

Avengers 2... Scarlett Johansen at $20m ??? now (The New York Post???) = in question

So, in theory possible, but I do not think so

btw, a newer clip about that work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsCJ0JH_XrU

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

I'm just stoked that a creation of one of my favorite writers, Bill Mantlo is getting this kind of play in the pop culture bubble gum machine.

Wow, Mantlo created RR? That is so cool. Dude really deserved something amazing like this to happen for folks to cherish his legacy.

• Like 1

Wow, Mantlo created RR? That is so cool. Dude really deserved something amazing like this to happen for folks to cherish his legacy.

Unfortunately, he was involved in a horrific car accident over two decades ago, so he's pretty much bed ridden these days. But they did give him a private viewing. Marvel's been really cool to him.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/08/03/bill-mantlo-co-creator-of-rocket-raccoon-gets-a-private-viewing-of-guardians-of-the-galaxy-courtesy-of-marvel/

Posted Image

• Like 1

Unfortunately, he was involved in a horrific car accident over two decades ago, so he's pretty much bed ridden these days. But they did give him a private viewing. Marvel's been really cool to him.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/08/03/bill-mantlo-co-creator-of-rocket-raccoon-gets-a-private-viewing-of-guardians-of-the-galaxy-courtesy-of-marvel/

Posted Image

That's nice. It's also great that he is out of his coma. I did not know that.

That's nice. It's also great that he is out of his coma. I did not know that.

He's been out for almost a decade. And I guess he was rollerblading and was hit by a car. Sucks, because he has permanent brain damage so he couldn't continue his wonderful work. He has written some of my favorite Spidey stories. His run on Spectacular was eclectic, but produced some classic stuff like Carrion, Cloak and Dagger, Debra Whitman's mental problems and Black Cat and Spider-Man's short-lived relationship. The combination of his writing with Jim Mooney's finished art was often near perfection.

Posted Image

Edited by RaccoonsDineOnAAinHell™

He's been out for almost a decade. And I guess he was rollerblading and was hit by a car. Sucks, because he has permanent brain damage so he couldn't continue his wonderful work. He has written some of my favorite Spidey stories. His run on Spectacular was eclectic, but produced some classic stuff like Carrion, Cloak and Dagger, Debra Whitman's mental problems and Black Cat and Spider-Man's short-lived relationship. The combination of his writing with Jim Mooney's finished art was often near perfection.

He also created Captain Jean DeWolf, one of my favorite Spidey supporting characters. I hope she hadn't been killed though her death made for a great story. If she had lived, she could have become a very interesting Commissioner Gordon equivalent for Spidey. Also, Debra Whitman is my second favorite Spidey love interest after Mary Jane. She was very unconventional for a superhero love interest. I hope they utilize her again in the comics.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1

He also created Captain Jean DeWolf, one of my favorite Spidey supporting characters. I hope she hadn't been killed though her death made for a great story. If she had lived, she could have become a very interesting Commissioner Gordon equivalent for Spidey. Also, Debra Whitman is my second favorite Spidey love interest after Mary Jane. 

All of these great emotionally resonant stories to mine from and we get Sinister Six. Anyway, it's cool that one of his creations is becoming popular. Hopefully Marvel decides to make a Cloak and Dagger film soon since I think their story would be pretty interesting.

• Like 1

All of these great emotionally resonant stories to mine from and we get Sinister Six. Anyway, it's cool that one of his creations is becoming popular. Hopefully Marvel decides to make a Cloak and Dagger film soon since I think their story would be pretty interesting.

Cloak and Dagger would be a great show too. 

• Like 1

Marvel pays a lot to one, and not that much to others, is rather known for not paying that much to new to the 'family' actors.

E.g. Scarlett Johansen got $400.000 for Iron Man 2

Chris Evans for Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) $300.000

For Avengers 1 they got ~ $2 to $3m each - exception Downey, who's salary is since Avengers 1 IMHO insane

Avengers 2... Scarlett Johansen at $20m now (The New York Post???)

Scarlett is not getting $20m for Avengers 2.

Crazy to think about how there were five Friday opener movies that had opened between 90-100m before this year and now there are ELEVEN. :o

2001:

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone WB $90,294,621

2004:

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban $93,687,367

2008:

Iron Man Par. $98,618,668

2011:

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides BV $90,151,958

2013:

Fast & Furious 6 Uni. $97,375,245

2014:

Captain America: The Winter Soldier BV $95,023,721

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Sony $91,608,337

Godzilla (2014) WB $93,188,384

X-Men: Days of Future Past Fox $90,823,660  

Transformers: Age of Extinction Par. $100,038,390*

Guardians of the Galaxy BV $94,000,000(EST)

*We all know it's less than 100m

Edited by RaccoonsDineOnAAinHell™
  • Like 2