Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

I said some of the most attention grabbing. Inception's marketing was flawless. It was a completely original film with a plot too complicated to be explained well in marketing no matter how hard they would have tried, and it STILL managed to look super appealing despite that. If the marketing hadn't been so phenomenal it may have opened to half of what it did. Take away Nolan and Leo draw power on top of that and it would have been a massive bomb on OW.Anyways I'm saying the marketing for IS hasn't been all that grabbing so far. The newest trailer is much better with that, but before that all audiences have seen are a whole lot of character driven farm life stuff. McConaughey just won an Oscar but he's certainly not the box office draw Leo has been since Titanic. And I don't think Nolan's draw power is anywhere near the height it was coming off of TDK right now. I mean he's coming off a movie that still has a stigma attached to it.

You speak like TDKR had poor WOM lol, it didn't. This was already discussed in the interstellar thread, Nolan is a much bigger draw now than he was 4 years ago. Space movies tend to be more appealing than films about dreams. Edited by jessie
  • Like 1

^ I think he meant the shootings.

I don't think anyone would associate Nolan's name with the shootings, hell MOS plastered Nolan's name and 'the guy that brought you TDK trilogy' all over the marketing and it opened to 116m.
  • Like 1

Interstellar looks like one of those films you loved first time you seen it, but can never be bothered making the effort to watch it again. I want it to well for Anne Hathaway and will see it though.

Sounds like inception

Gitesh Pandya ‏@giteshpandya  · 3m 

#GuardiansOfTheGalaxy off roughly 13% SAT to about $33M. Wknd may reach about $97M. Official studio #s to come.

100M estimate coming.

Posted Image