Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

This is one I actually enjoyed in 3D. Sometimes I'm stuck with watching a movie in 3D if I have a time crunch and want to squeeze it in.

3D has mostly been worthless for every movie I've seen other than Gravity that includes non Marvel movies as well.

What about Avatar?

• Like 1

I'm rooting for this movie to get to 300 It could be very close it depends how TMNT effects it I don't think Expendables or Sin City will make a dent. Giver who knows.

The Giver seems destined for the same miserable fate as Beautiful Creatures, The Mortal Instruments, etc. It won't really impact this at all.

I literally haven't seen a single advertisement for The Giver (which probably means something) but given that it's Streep and Bridges and the book has some notability (they don't teach Beautiful Creatures or Mortal Instruments in schools but they teach The Giver) I imagine it'll get some curiosity views. Nothing stops the Rocket train though.

I literally haven't seen a single advertisement for The Giver (which probably means something) but given that it's Streep and Bridges and the book has some notability (they don't teach Beautiful Creatures or Mortal Instruments in schools but they teach The Giver) I imagine it'll get some curiosity views. Nothing stops the Rocket train though.

The ads are awful (and the movie itself looks really low-rent despite the talent involved) and there doesn't seem to be any excitement/visibility for it anywhere. Weinstein is pretty much leaving it for dead.

The ads are awful (and the movie itself looks really low-rent despite the talent involved) and there doesn't seem to be any excitement/visibility for it anywhere. Weinstein is pretty much leaving it for dead.

How dare Weinstein abandoned them.

• Like 1

If it follows Cap1:Monday: 11.3 (-55.5%)Tues: 11.5 (+1%)Wed: 8.5 (-25.9%)Thurs: 7.9 (-6.5%)Fri: 11.5 (+45%)Sat: 14.5 (+26.4%)Sun: 11.3 (-22%)37.3 (-60%)My opinion:Monday: 11.0 (-57%)Tues: 12.3 (+12%)Wed: 8.8 (-28%)Thurs: 8.1 (-8%)Fri: 12.0 (+47%)Sat: 15.9 (+33%)Sun: 12.1 (-24%)40.0 (-57.5%)EDIT: My monday drop could be a bit harsh since this could play like a kids film, but something tells me that Sunday number is inflated.

You also have to think about Thursday previews. We have all four movies getting shows Thursday night and that's going to make it drop a little more on Thursday.
  • Like 1

I guess its a matter of what you watch on TV.  It feels like I see adds for The Giver all the time but I've seen like 2 for TMNT despite spending a lot of time watching TV with a 7 year old and an 11 year old.  Maybe they're watching more girl-oriented TV and there's a boy-channel out there somewhere with TMNT adds 24/7?

Edited by Wrath