Neo

Gravity | Re-released on 2D and 3D January 17 | IMAX 3D on January 31! | 100M+ WW IMAX

I have been skeptical about the concept of this movie for a very long time but good for Cuaron if he has been able to pull it off. It can only mean good things for big budget high concept movies. People are also praising Bullock and I think that she is now a legitimate front-runner for Best Actress.

I have been skeptical about the concept of this movie for a very long time but good for Cuaron if he has been able to pull it off. It can only mean good things for big budget high concept movies. People are also praising Bullock and I think that she is now a legitimate front-runner for Best Actress.

Not sure about Sabu because the year is so crowded ( before TIFF !) she could miss, the nom mind you, not the win.

Blanchitto's raves are everywhere and so over the top that she will be the one to beat.

Edited by The Futurist

Blanchett says hi.

1. Timing matters. Blanchett's movie was released in June/July. This will be an October release.

2. This appears to be a Sandra Bullock show. That's always a big plus in the Best Actress category.

Bullock could get nominated, but there's no way she's winning again unless it's a Daniel Day-Lewis in There Will Be Blood level of performance, which obviously ain't happening. 

Any contest with thousands of voters eventually becomes a beauty contest and she is well-liked in Hollywood. I think that if her performance is better than her TBS role then she is the favorite.

Any contest with thousands of voters eventually becomes a beauty contest and she is well-liked in Hollywood. I think that if her performance is better than her TBS role then she is the favorite.

We haven't even seen the majority of the performances that will likely be in contention. She's well-liked, but being well-liked does not earn you a second Oscar after many (including Bullock herself) believe the first was undeserved. The awards race is a little more nuanced than the simplistic point of view you're taking here. 

100% with 8 reviews on RT.  Average rating 8.7. This is obviously too early to call, but it sure is a good sign.

For a "bright and optimitic" comparison, I hope this becomes last year's Life of Pi, incredible storytelling and dazzling visuals, and of cause a surprising break out at the boxoffice (which is partifularly needed for original sci-fis this year).

Edited by vc2002

100% with 8 reviews on RT.  Average rating 8.7. This is obviously too early to call, but it sure is a good sign.

For a "bright and optimitic" comparison, I hope this becomes last year's Life of Pi, incredible storytelling and dazzling visuals, and of cause a surprising break out at the boxoffice (which is partifularly needed for original sci-fis this year).

more important thing is average rating. Its 8.7. No any sci fi movie this year had such an avg. rating, even in the beginning. At the same time(after 8 reviews) STID had its avg. rating in 7.8.

Edited by The Joker
  • Like 1