Fancyarcher

Disney's A Wrinkle in Time | 9th March, 2018 | Frozen's Jennifer Lee writing, Ava DuVernay directing. 45% on RT

16 minutes ago, Hades said:

Prince of Persia is my favorite Disney flop.Followed  by Lone Ranger. Tomorrow- land was ass. 

I loved that movie. Never understood why it flopped that much. 

They could try to re-make it now. Mainly if Aladdin happens to be a big success. Could do decent numbers if well planned, and even make it a trilogy or something.  I would be delighted!!

I even have the soundtrack. It's very inspiring imo. And the Alanis Morissette main theme... delicious!  

MV5BMTMwNDg0NzcyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjg4

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $90,759,676    27.0%
Foreign:  $245,606,000    73.0%

Worldwide:  $336,365,676

Prince of Persia:
The Sands of Time

Domestic Total Gross: $90,759,676
Distributor: Buena Vista Release Date: May 28, 2010
Genre: Adventure Runtime: 1 hrs. 55 min.
MPAA Rating: PG-13 Production Budget: $200 million

Edited by meriodejaneiro
  • Like 2

I'm usually on team 'ambitious flop everyone hates on is actually really good' because I've often admired ambitious failure over movies that successfully hit the standard range. That said people are TRYING IT when they say john carter is good or anywhere near related to the good family. It stinks. Be better.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Disbelief 2

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

I'm usually on team 'ambitious flop everyone hates on is actually really good' because I've often admired ambitious failure over movies that successfully hit the standard range. That said people are TRYING IT when they say john carter is good or anywhere near related to the good family. It stinks. Be better.

Now, Lone Ranger on the other hand...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Now, Lone Ranger on the other hand...

JOHN CARTER is better than LONE RANGER.

LONE RANGER has a better action sequence.

Don't @ me.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Intentions don't mean a damn. What matters is what is up on the screen. No one sets out to make a bad film, but bad films are made.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Deadpool is targeted for adults.

Oh wait ...

Guaranteed, Disney is going to keep the Fox studios around for releasing films that are not exactly family friendly.

People forget  that for years Disney had companies like Touchstone,Miramax and Hollywood films to release their more adult material.

But with the R rated film market becoming more lucrative, it was only a matter of time before Disney decided to get in on the action,and start releasing films that are not family oriented again.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, cookie said:

Lone Ranger is not a good movie.

It's somewhat entertaining but it's not a good movie.

TOG all "wtf"-ing this. I mean, I guess it's better than MONSTER TRUCKS*. It's likely better than GEOSTORM**. But let's not pretend those are high bars to clear.

* I haven't seen this. No, I don't intend to either.

** Haven't seen it either. Ditto.

• ...wtf 1

17 minutes ago, Telehilation said:

Personally, the most appalling thing here is the “Disney” affixed to the title, as if they were somehow responsible for it. 

When then that trend start, anyway?  Mid 00's?  There was some movie that really set the trend for it, but now for the life of me I can't remember it.

And I'm running out the door so I don't have time to research it. :(

43 minutes ago, Telehilation said:

TOG all "wtf"-ing this. I mean, I guess it's better than MONSTER TRUCKS*. It's likely better than GEOSTORM**. But let's not pretend those are high bars to clear.

* I haven't seen this. No, I don't intend to either.

** Haven't seen it either. Ditto.

Geostorm is the best movie of last year. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

When then that trend start, anyway?  Mid 00's?  There was some movie that really set the trend for it, but now for the life of me I can't remember it.

And I'm running out the door so I don't have time to research it. :(

Mid-2000s? They've been doing it since basically the beginning.

2 minutes ago, Telehilation said:

Mid-2000s? They've been doing it since basically the beginning.

I'm just thinking of some film where it accelerated outside of the cartoon sphere when it came to adaptations.

Dunno.  Maybe senility finally catching up with me. :lol: