filmscholar

Weekend Numbers (pg119) Turtles 65M, GOTG 41.5

what i love the most about the first movie is that it perfectly captures a new york that no longer exists

all of the crime and dirt and character that the city had before it was sanitized and became disneyland

i mean there's nothing wrong with that obviously crime is down and it's a better place to be but it's so interesting to see how different things are

I love Taxi Driver because it captures a New York that doesn't exist anymore too.

Just as an aside, so this is what happens when you have a popular franchise 20+ years old (but that never really died and lived on in other formats) resurrected in a new movie.All you SW doubters... does the TMNT result make you rethink your low-end guesses? Because SW is TMNT on steroids. Lots and lots of steroids.

Makes me wonder how much GHOSTBUSTERS would make.

"It's for kids so it's ok for it to suck."  :unsure:

I'll never understand that mentality either. I see people keep bringing up TMNT movies that were made over two decades ago like that excuses the new TMNT movie for being sub-par lol. This movie had the advantage of a higher budget, better effects, and a blueprint of f***-ups to avoid that the previous movies made but they somehow still made a shit movie. And my 12 year old nephew thought it was garbage. He's a martial arts movie junkie thanks to me and my brother and he thought the "ninja" and martial arts aspect was sorely missing in the movie.
  • Like 1

This times 4000x.

Though the TMNT fans are really baiting for replies from the GOTG fans. Especially Baumer.

Nah, I see both sides baiting each other. But that's fine, it's the weekend, I'm here for the fun

Posted Image

• Like 3