filmscholar

Weekend Numbers (pg119) Turtles 65M, GOTG 41.5

So yeah August has started out with a $90 million opener and looks to be getting a $50-60 million opener. I guess in spite of this weak ass summer August is showing some major strength.

• Like 1

• Community Manager

He'll have taste as a 7-year-old. :ph34r:

(Or he can watch it on his own.) :P

Of course he's going to have taste as a 7-year-old-he'll be ahead of the curve. The taste of a 9-year-old. Which includes TMNT.

• Like 5

Let's not discuss BVS or JL in this thread, please. Keep it to turtles, guardians, lucies, and other assorted characters. ;)

So since Guardians is part of the Marvel universe can we talk about Iron Man and Cap as well since their characters can be assorted together? :P
  • Like 1

Pie man.. There is no heres bigger than Superman and Batmaan.

Your talking about its the one comic film that could get 60-90 yr olds back in theaters..

So your wrong there, especially if the quality is up there with TDK, SM2, CA2, etc.

No bigger in the US, Spiderman has been doing 400mill+ international numbers since the early 2000's

Superman especially is way less popular outside the US than Batman and Spidey and batman needed to rebuild after killing the franchise in the 90's.

Like I said, Huge domestic, and I'm not saying it will do poor numbers internationally but it's not doing 7-800mill +++ like your talking about

Wonder if TE3 will benefit from the "boom" but then it's not really a boom, more like two very well marketed movies and one that seemingly tapped into its fanbase and nostalgia pretty well.

The TMNT in 2007 was shit and I've never seen any other TMNT movie.

Kinda sad that people would turn up to TMNT and not Dragon 2. Don't know what the difference is (referring to kids not the nostalgia crowd). Maybe Megan Fox? lol

• Like 1

Wonder if TE3 will benefit from the "boom" but then it's not really a boom, more like two very well marketed movies and one that seemingly tapped into its fanbase and nostalgia pretty well.The TMNT in 2007 was shit and I've never seen any other TMNT movie.Kinda sad that people would turn up to TMNT and not Dragon 2. Don't know what the difference is (referring to kids not the nostalgia crowd). Maybe Megan Fox? lol

It would be somewhat hilarious of TMNT outgrossed Dragon 2
  • Like 1

Wonder if TE3 will benefit from the "boom" but then it's not really a boom, more like two very well marketed movies and one that seemingly tapped into its fanbase and nostalgia pretty well.

The TMNT in 2007 was shit and I've never seen any other TMNT movie.

Kinda sad that people would turn up to TMNT and not Dragon 2. Don't know what the difference is (referring to kids not the nostalgia crowd). Maybe Megan Fox? lol

Kids like TMNT too.

• Like 1

• Community Manager

...the original. :P

My child arrived just the other dayHe came to the world in the usual wayBut there were planes to catch and bills to payHe learned to watch movies while I was awayAnd he was talkin' 'fore I knew it, and as he grewHe'd say "I'm gonna be like you, DadYou know I'm gonna be like you"And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoonLittle boy blue and the man on the moonWhen you comin' home, DadI don't know when, but we'll get together thenYou know we'll have a good time thenMy son turned ten just the other dayHe said, "Thanks for the ball, Dad, come on let's go watch the

Michael Bay Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles",

I said "Not today I got a lot to do", he said, "That's okAnd he walked away but his smile never dimmedAnd said, "I'm gonna be like him, yeahYou know I'm gonna be like him"And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoonLittle boy blue and the man on the moonWhen you comin' home, DadI don't know when, but we'll get together thenYou know we'll have a good time thenWell, he came from college just the other daySo much like a man I just had to say"Son, I'm proud of you, can you watch Star Wars: A New Hope?"He shook his head and said with a smile"What I'd really like, Dad, is to watch the live-action Pokemon movieSee you later, can I have money for the tickets?"And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoonLittle boy blue and the man on the moonWhen you comin' home sonI don't know when, but we'll get together then, DadYou know we'll have a good time thenI've long since retired, my son's moved awayI called him up just the other dayI said, "I'd like to see Lawrence of Arabia with you"He said, "I'd love to, Dad, if I can find the timeYou see Transformers is on and the kids are sick of Where the Wild Things AreBut it's sure nice talking to you, DadIt's been sure nice talking to you"And as I hung up the phone it occurred to meHe'd grown up just like meMy boy was just like meAnd the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoonLittle boy blue and the man in the moonWhen you comin' home sonI don't know when, but we'll get together then, DadWe're gonna have a good time then

:ph34r:

• Like 8

Very good opening for Turtles, maybe it won't drop like Green Lantern. Nice hold for Guardians against direct competition. Should pass First Avengers entire run Monday and start closing in on Thor 2 in the coming week.

Edited by Caladbolg