filmscholar

Weekend Numbers (pg119) Turtles 65M, GOTG 41.5

• Community Manager

Digimon would be much easier to do than Pokemon. Pokemon has flawed storytelling, extremely flawed storytelling.

Only the anime. I want Gunn to adapt the games. The games story is simple; beat the elite four and whatever evil team is threatening the region. Also capture every Pokemon.

Okay, I see your point.

• Like 1

No, I'm not. The amount of hype for SW7 will be INSANE, and Avengers 2 is the sequel to the 3rd highest grossing movie of all time.Avatar 2 definitely won't replicate the success of Avatar back in 2009-2010.

Lol just like Titanic was a fluke right... Alpha you do know Avatar on HVideo blew away avengers right and is still selling even the non 3D copies lol.

There is no way SW7 or Avengers will have the fan following that Juggernaut has.. Comics movies also have limited potential is getting those 50-90 yr old crowds into theaters. I mean Camerons brand commands a following that Ive never seen its equal in history. Once this man annouces a big project, you have to be part of it.. Even his side projects make killer money.

• Like 1

Digimon would be much easier to do than Pokemon. Pokemon has flawed storytelling, extremely flawed storytelling.

Digimon exists for Michael Bay to direct it and the story would be a bunch of huge beasts attacking our world and destroying an entire city with epic explosions. It is written in the stars. I can see it. 

• Like 1

Only the anime. I want Gunn to adapt the games. The games story is simple; beat the elite four and whatever evil team is threatening the region. Also capture every Pokemon.

Okay, I see your point.

Pokemon would be hard. I am sure it would end up being a plot with Team Rocket wanting to dominate the World and Ash and friends would have to stop them. 

• Like 1

Yup. Back in 2010 and it ended in 2012. It was one of the last action shows on Cartoon Network to be made before they real started hating the genre and decided to give the action shows crappy time slots lack of advertising, and then would take them off the air midway through the season, with no explanation to why and then quietly cancel them (cough DC Nation cough).

DC Nation was a stupid idea to begin with. They should've copied Marvel and make shows related to upcoming movies or merchandise champions. Young Justice had no reason to exist, and the Batman show should've been a Superman show instead (MOS came out at the time). And they're shocked that their merchandise flopped. CN and WB are run by fools.
  • Like 1

This I would pay a ticket to see. :lol:

AMEN

I'd prefer a James Gunn Pokemon movie.

So would I, for quality. For unintentional hilarity, Bay wins though :P

I am waiting Bay. I want this. I need this. 

But a Digimon movie would be far more cooler with Bay directing. Pokemon could get James Gunn, as WB said. 

I don't know Digimon so IDK. Bay needs to do an anime though.

I hope one day to give Dragonball Z the movie it deserves, not the insult it received.

Yeah, maybe then I'll finally see it!

If I ever make it as a director, my dream project would be to give the three film, LOTR-style, epic trilogy Avatar: The Last Airbender deserved. M. Night will be quaking in his boots

I think you and I share pretty similar views on this, based on what you've said the last few times this topic comes up. I'm perfectly fine with franchise films and I think having a few are probably great for the industry, but enough is enough and we are definitely in a shortage of original films. Anyway hail Nolan, everyone go see Interstellar and maybe we'll get some more original films and these debates can end.

Yeah, that is exactly my feelings on this. :)I hit the like limit, or I would like your post. :lol:
  • Like 1

• Community Manager

Why did Hollywood do that?DBZ could easily make TMNT money.Maybe even GotG money.

Man of Steel's action scenes suggest Snyder would make a great Dragonball director. Seriously, the action scenes are EXACTLY what a live-action Dragonball fight scene would look like.

• Like 5

Pokemon would be hard. I am sure it would end up being a plot with Team Rocket wanting to dominate the World and Ash and friends would have to stop them.

That would make for a better plot than making the Pokemon fight each other of the owners pleasure.
  • Like 2

Lol just like Titanic was a fluke right... Alpha you do know Avatar on HVideo blew away avengers right and is still selling even the non 3D copies lol.There is no way SW7 or Avengers will have the fan following that Juggernaut has.. Comics movies also have limited potential is getting those 50-90 yr old crowds into theaters. I mean Camerons brand commands a following that Ive never seen its equal in history. Once this man annouces a big project, you have to be part of it.. Even his side projects make killer money.

Avatar was a unique experience, with the 3D technology still new to everybody. In fact, I'm pretty sure the reason Avatar broke out was because of the word-of-mouth from the amazing special effects.In this day and age, that's pretty much par for the course. Avatar 2 won't be different from the multitude of 3D sci-fi films coming out soon.
  • Like 1

Man of Steel's action scenes suggest Snyder would make a great Dragonball director. Seriously, the action scenes are EXACTLY what a live-action Dragonball fight scene would look like.

They also suggest Snyder would be great for Digimon. 

Pokemon is the one that truly needs a director with a grand vision of things. 

• Like 1

Lol just like Titanic was a fluke right... Alpha you do know Avatar on HVideo blew away avengers right and is still selling even the non 3D copies lol.

There is no way SW7 or Avengers will have the fan following that Juggernaut has.. Comics movies also have limited potential is getting those 50-90 yr old crowds into theaters. I mean Camerons brand commands a following that Ive never seen its equal in history. Once this man annouces a big project, you have to be part of it.. Even his side projects make killer money.

I'm not sure what I expect from Avatar 2 yet. Normally I would say it'll have a big drop-off, but it will be a sequel directed by James Cameron, which is an incredibly powerful combination. I think BvS, Avatar 2 and Avengers 2 all have the potential to earn $2b+ worldwide, but at least one of those will likely miss that mark.

DC Nation was a stupid idea to begin with. They should've copied Marvel and make shows related to upcoming movies or merchandise champions. Young Justice had no reason to exist, and the Batman show should've been a Superman show instead (MOS came out at the time).And they're shocked that their merchandise flopped. CN and WB are run by fools.

I loved the idea of DC nation, but the treatment of it was horrible. First off it should have been on Friday nights instead of at 10:00 in the morning, secondly the only show on the program that actually got any good advertising was Teen Titans Go which was just repeats (new episodes air on Thursday). The only reason TTG has new episodes air on Thursdays is because its a comedy series, which Cartoon Network prefers.

Young Justice was a great show. Green Lantern: The Animated Series was a good show that had its potential cut too short. Beware The Batman was getting better before they decided to cancel it. The only reason merchandising for Young Justice did badly was because it was limited and crappy. Cartoon Network just used it as an excuse to cancel the program, which they were no doubt going to cancel regardless of merchandising sales.

Thankfully Stuart Snyder has left the network, so action cartoons may get better treatment, as well as cartoons that appeal to both female and males.

Edited by Pokearcher
  • Like 4

That would make for a better plot than making the Pokemon fight each other of the owners pleasure.

They would never use a plot like the one of the games. 

• Like 1

• Community Manager

Regarding the anime-turned-into live-action film, I want to see a One Piece live-action movie directed by Gore Verbinski. :ph34r:

Wouldn't that just be Verbinski revisiting POTC?

• Like 2