tawasal

Top 10 decade defining actors/actresses: 2000s - Deadline (20/8-2014)

I got this from WATCHMOJO channel on YouTube. It was a great list they put together and I wanna see how you are positioned. I wanna do 90s, 80s an all the way to 30s.

It's like all other rankings u have seen in this section with points given out to each spot in the top 10 and in the end we will count all points received and get a list for this community.

So this is how the points are:

[*](+19) [*](+17) [*](+15) [*](+13) [*](+11) [*](+9) [*](+7) [*](+5) [*](+3) [*](+1)

U should look into: 

[*]Commercial success [*]Box office score [*]Productivity [*]Awards [*]How they set up the tone and raised the standard in Hollywood for the era

MAKE 2 SEPARATE LISTS FOR FEMALE AND MALE STARS. 

Edited by CrispyLips

1. Christian Bale

2. Heath Ledger

3. Daniel Day-Lewis

4. Matthew McConaughey

5. Gary Oldman

6. Simon Pegg

7. Anne Hathaway

8. Liam Neeson

9. Leonardo Dicaprio

10. Christoph Waltz

1. Anne Hathaway

2. Sandra Bullock

3. Meryl Streep

4. Marion Cottilard

5. Angelina Jolie

6. Helen Mirren

7. Ellen Page

8. Scarlett Johanssen

9. Reese Witherspoon

10. Emma Watson

Edited by Squaremaster316

1. Christian Bale

2. Heath Ledger

3. Daniel Day-Lewis

4. Matthew McConaughey

5. Simon Pegg

6. Anne Hathaway

7. Liam Neeson

8. Leonardo Dicaprio

9. Christoph Waltz

10. Jesse Eisenberg

lol there is so much wrong with this list. Not even any love for RDJ? who is easily a bigger draw right now than all those actors (with maybe the exception of Leo) No Jennifer Lawrence or Sandra Bullock either?? your list is pure biased bullshit.

Seriously though we can discard Squaremasters list right??

Edited by jessie
  • Like 1

Well of course this list will be biased. Everyone has their favourites. But there are a few that are so big that people are automatically associating their personna with Hollywood: Pitt, Cruise, Depp, DiCaprio, Hanks (maybe) and yes, Jolie. They are easily the most recognizable movie figures on the planet. My folks aren't movie buffs, but they know and love them. Of course there are a lot of big franchises out there but I don't think it's as much about how huge some of them are, but about the popularity of the actor. For exemple Chris Evans has CA2 that grossed higher WW than Pitt's WWZ (his highest grossing movie), but no one in their right mind would say Evans is more popular than Pitt. I don't really know why, but some actors/actresses got this almost legend status (again, the actors mentioned above).  

lol there is so much wrong with this list. Not even any love for RDJ? who is easily a bigger draw right now than all those actors (with maybe the exception of Leo) No Jennifer Lawrence or Sandra Bullock either?? your list is pure biased bullshit.

Go screw yourself.  My list is just as valid as any!

RDJ is a one-note joke who has one of the most limited ranges of any film star out there.  If he's in any way, shape or form a decade defining star, then the industry is in serious trouble.

Lawrence has barely gotten started in the business.  Hell, the Twilight cast are probably more notable.

Bullock is the only one you mentioned that I could have overlooked.

• Like 1

Go screw yourself.  My list is just as valid as any! RDJ is a one-note joke who has one of the most limited ranges of any film star out there.  If he's in any way, shape or form a decade defining star, then the industry is in serious trouble. Lawrence has barely gotten started in the business.  Hell, the Twilight cast are probably more notable. Bullock is the only one you mentioned that I could have overlooked.

Lol so Lawrence doesn't qualify because she 'barely gotten started in the business' yet Eisenberg makes your list? Where his oscar? He hasn't had the success Lawrence has, main star in a massive franchise, last 2 original films grossing over 100M (one of them starring her and Bradley Cooper and we've seen he can't pull in audiences on his name alone, hell that combo raked in more box office money than The Fighter, funnily enough starring Christian Bale). But yeah, according to you the Twilight stars are more notable lol, please.Hathaway has been a smaller version of Bullock, both one Oscars yet Bullocks last 4 original movies have sweeped the box office so no comparison there. (And no TDKR earning 450m doesn't show her appeal before you mention it)RDJ may be a joke to you but to leave him out of the list entirely just shows your immaturity, it's like you have a grudge against anyone who's appeared on a Marvel movie lol.So yeah, it's your list and you can do what you want with it but i'm going to point out the stupidity of it.Anyways, my list1. Taylor Kitsh2. Ryan Reynolds3. Amber heard4. Colin farrell5. Nicholas cage6. Adam Sandler7. Rupert Grint 8. Katherine Heigl9. Sam Worthington10. Justin Bieber Edited by jessie

1. Christian Bale2. Heath Ledger3. Daniel Day-Lewis4. Matthew McConaughey5. Gary Oldman6. Simon Pegg7. Anne Hathaway8. Liam Neeson9. Leonardo Dicaprio10. Christoph Waltz 1. Anne Hathaway2. Sandra Bullock3. Meryl Streep4. Marion Cottilard5. Angelina Jolie6. Helen Mirren7. Ellen Page8. Scarlett Johanssen9. Reese Witherspoon10. Emma Watson

Lol. The male list is so Nolan-filled it's hilarious. And Ellen Page? In what universe? She is not even in the top 50. Marion Cotillard 4th? *sigh*And why is Emma Watson in there? I have no doubt she would be on a list by the end of the decade if she continues to be in interesting projects.But where is Lawrence? Jen should EASILY be in the top five.

And yet Scarjo's on my female list...

...for Her, Prestige, Vicky, Don Jon and Lucy.

Posted Image

She's on your list because she's in the Prestige lol.

And Marion Cotilard? You'll have a hard time finding someone outside the internet who knows who she is.

Edited by jessie

Any list without the Queen is null and void.She started on 2006 and her big break was the burning plain in 2008, discovered by Charlize theron, she won her first award, the marcello mastroiani award àt the venice international film festival.Then, she harrassed Winter s bone director and the rest is already Hollywood History.