Johnny Wiseau

films you love but everyone else hates

"Everyone else hates" would imply less than 5 on IMDb. And "love" is a strong word, which would place the film in my admittedly long list of favorites, I'd say. I don't think films that are critically panned qualify since many films critics hate are crowd pleasers. I like a lot of films that most people don't like(The FF films, I Spy, The Shadow, Spawn, etc). But I can't think of any under 5 on IMDb that I "love".  That's borderline, I don't think most people "hate" that film. It's only 5.6/10 on IMDb, but the "hate index"(1 votes) is only 4%. This is not a film hated by most. If you had said the second one maybe, but even then I'd disagree. Twilight qualifies, but really only on gender(and maybe age) lines. You being a 40ish male definitely buck the trend so this is a good one.   :rofl:

I think were talking about films that are hated on here.

Sometimes I think I have estrogen running through my veins.  I like a lot of romantic movies, dig Twilight, understand the love for it, have Fault as my fave movie this summer, cried reading the book, cried in the movie, bawled in Titanic and enjoyed the Notebook.

Then again, I love Sly and Rambo and hockey fights and 80's action movies.  I'm a living, breathing dichotomy.

• Like 4

I think were talking about films that are hated on here.

Again, the films I'd include on that list, I don't know if they rise to the "love" level. For example, I like SM3 and TASM2 but I don't love them.

• Like 1

Sometimes I think I have estrogen running through my veins.  I like a lot of romantic movies, dig Twilight, understand the love for it, have Fault as my fave movie this summer, cried reading the book, cried in the movie, bawled in Titanic and enjoyed the Notebook. Then again, I love Sly and Rambo and hockey fights and 80's action movies.  I'm a living, breathing dichotomy.

You look too manly to cry.
  • Like 1

Sometimes I think I have estrogen running through my veins.  I like a lot of romantic movies, dig Twilight, understand the love for it, have Fault as my fave movie this summer, cried reading the book, cried in the movie, bawled in Titanic and enjoyed the Notebook.

Then again, I love Sly and Rambo and hockey fights and 80's action movies.  I'm a living, breathing dichotomy.

No, you definitely do.  *runs for cover* :D

• Like 1

Speed Racer

The kid brother and his chimp annoy me as much as they do anyone else (and the effects looked clunky even back upon its release), but otherwise, it's a damn fun ride that works because it embraces its style and its absurd world completely. In one of my better examples of Internet Blasphemy, I actually easily prefer it over Cloud Atlas among the Wachowskis' post-Matrix credits.

• Like 2

People hate Revenge of the Sith?

Based on some of the selections in this thread, I think we need to establish a much firmer definition of "hate" because it seems like it really means "a few people here and there don't really like it."

People hate Revenge of the Sith?

Based on some of the selections in this thread, I think we need to establish a much firmer definition of "hate" because it seems like it really means "a few people here and there don't really like it."

Haha okay  :D