baumer

Early Wed #s RTH

That doesn't seem very good for Let's Be Cops, especially since WTM did twice as much.

Yeah, but WTM had bigger names in it though. I never expected LBC to open as high as it did. 

Still though, opening to almost half as much isn't great. 

Yeah, but WTM had bigger names in it though. I never expected LBC to open as high as it did. Still though, opening to almost half as much isn't great.

Of course it would match Millers, but I was still expecting $5m. Maybe it just seemed too derivative of Jump Street and Ride Along for audiences.
  • Like 1

Should we assume that LBC number includes the 1.2M it did in Tuesday night previews/midnights?

If it isn't including previews maybe it's actually 5m?  LBC really needed it to be 5m to have a good chance at success.

But kudos to Guardians, number 1 for the weekend may be possible.

Yeah, but WTM had bigger names in it though. I never expected LBC to open as high as it did. 

Still though, opening to almost half as much isn't great. 

WTM made 150M. If LBC could make half of that and hit 75, that would be fantastic!

Heck, when you consider that this summers big-star comedies include:

Blended - 46M

AMWTDITW - 42

Sex Tape - 40

I'm sure just coming in at 46M would be considered a success for LBC.

Heck, Blended opened to 4.3 on a Friday.

• Like 2

Of course it would match Millers, but I was still expecting $5m. Maybe it just seemed too derivative of Jump Street and Ride Along for audiences.

I thought it would get to 5M too. I think the concept of the movie being somewhat similar to others and lack of stars is what lead to it opening as low as it did. 

• Like 2

WTM made 150M. If LBC could make half of that and hit 75, that would be fantastic!Heck, when you consider that this summers big-star comedies include:Blended - 46MAMWTDITW - 42Sex Tape - 40I'm sure just coming in at 46M would be considered a success for LBC.Heck, Blended opened to 4.3 on a Friday.

On the bright side, 22JS was huge, and Tammy didn't do too poorly, but yeah, it has not been a good summer for straight up comedy. Maybe Guardians is the actual comedy breakout of the season? :/
  • Like 1

On the bright side, 22JS was huge, and Tammy didn't do too poorly, but yeah, it has not been a good summer for straight up comedy. Maybe Guardians is the actual comedy breakout of the season? :/

Neighbors did really good too. 

• Like 3

22JS and Neighbors are definitely the 2 comedy winners this summer.

Lets Be Cops doesn't have to get all the way up to their level to be considered a success.

• Like 1

22JS and Neighbors are definitely the 2 comedy winners this summer.

Lets Be Cops doesn't have to get all the way up to their level to be considered a success.

LBC budget was around 20M or even less, so it doesn't have to make much to be considered a success. 

• Like 1