TDKR:

4.8m

4.6(-5%)

7.1m(+54%)

10.3m(+46%)

7.5(-27%)

24.9m(-40.9%)

More likely.

GOTG's looking at a great drop this weekend.

My projection

4.51M (-7%)

7.44M (+65%)

10.42M (+40%)

7.60M (-27%)

25.464 (-39.5%)

• Like 3

Perfectly expected for a movie in its first week to have bigger daily drops than a movie in its second week.

And frankly, TMNT's Tuesday was really good. The bigger the Tuesday, the worse the Wednesday drop will be.

• Like 3

So Turtles drops 5% harder than Guardians on a Wednesday and somehow one's really harsh and the other's solid? And y'all wonder why baumer's rolling his eyes...

If Turtles hits low end is -35.3% one of the worst Wednesday drops we have seen, so yeah it is harsh

• Like 1

I don't get the chaos - the higher the Tuesday bump the bigger the Wednesday fall - this has been going on for several years now. Openers always have bigger Wednesday falls than holdovers and TMNT opened big and is following the trend of big films much like Guardians did last week. It's not going to nosedive 65% and more than likely won't drop even 60%. And I told everyone to take a bigger Wednesday fall into account due to LBC opening midweek. Logic folks, seriously it takes then joy entry out of following this if there's constant lows and highs over normal things. When turtles drops another 30% on Thursday then you might have reason to swoon.

• Like 3

GOTG only dropped 26% on it's first wednesday so TMNTs drop is still a lot worse

in fact that means GOTG dropped harder this wednesday then last wednesday

Because the Tuesday bumps this week were much larger

As I said before I never liked the Ninja Turtles but the fans of the original love this new film. (Also the original was hated by older audiences)

Anyway-school started here today.

• Like 5

GOTG only dropped 26% on it's first wednesday so TMNTs drop is still a lot worse

in fact that means GOTG dropped harder this wednesday then last Wednesday

its bad, but GotG did not face a Wednesday opener last week, over 30% drop is bad though, given that some schools went back in session this week we may need to see weekend numbers to determine legs