kayumanggi

Weekend numbers thread:TMNT: 28.4 GOTG: 24.7 LBC. 17.7 Ex3: 16.2

Well knowing it made Bridges happy helps. I didn't know the book as that old, I just assumed it was a part of the whole YA book fad going on.

From what I've read, it does seem pretty bad. But Bridges was working on it long enough that he originally planned his dad to play the part he ended up doing himself.

• Like 2

Maze Runner looks like pure trifle bullshit.

Maze Runner reminds me of the Cube movies. Those were halfway decent. With some Lord of the Flies mixed in.

Probably doesn't have enough Cube in it though.

Everytime I see the trailer for The Giver I just get really pissed off with the fact that this is what studio execs are giving the green light too over more original stuff. That and Maze Runner.

Like, I get legitimately angry. I probably shouldn't but can't help honest emotion ya know.

Like Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant Man? lol

The book is twenty years old. It's a passion project for Bridges. Why lump it into all the others?

Marvel superhero fanboys

I think the giver could have been successful. Its mandatory reading in a lot of schools like The Great Gatsby. If it actually followed the books instead of looking like a generic YA based film and had a better marketing campaign it could have been a hit. 

I think the giver could have been successful. Its mandatory reading in a lot of schools like The Great Gatsby. If it actually followed the books instead of looking like a generic YA based film and had a better marketing campaign it could have been a hit. 

so it's worth seeing?

or nah?

Edited by DAJK

so it's worth seeing?

or nah?

lol no the film looks pretty bad. I'm just saying that if they made a film that didn't look like typical YA trife/marketed it really well it could have been a hit. The book is decent. 

Edited by ban1o

If that the case, they should have released it when all the kids are being forced to read it.If anything, if it actually is faithful to the book, we could see strong HV sales due to lazy teachers and lazy children.

The Maze Runner has all the qualities of a bad YA novel.

I think it is a lot better than most YA novels. I really liked the first and second Hunger Games book, I'd put Maze Runner on the level of those books. It was much better than Divergent

• Like 1

If that the case, they should have released it when all the kids are being forced to read it.If anything, if it actually is faithful to the book, we could see strong HV sales due to lazy teachers and lazy children.

True. I haven't seen the film so I don't really know if it follows the book well. The marketing made it look like a generic YA film though. The characters in the novel are a lot younger than in the film so I'm guessing it doesn't. 

Edited by ban1o