kayumanggi

Weekend numbers thread:TMNT: 28.4 GOTG: 24.7 LBC. 17.7 Ex3: 16.2

TMNT and GOTG seem to have split the family crowd, both movies have got boosts on Saturday the past couple of weeks, but not in the 50% range that they would have got if they were the only option. There doesn't seem to be a consensus choice for families. A 58% 2nd weekend drop would be awesome for TMNT actually, especially considering the predictions of 65% and so on that were seen throughout the week.

• Like 6

I have an opinion that is different than many others, how is that trolling?  For the sake of your opinion, I suggest you look up the meaning of trolling.

Blank has a problem with me disliking GOTG, apparently.

Oh, come on, baumer. I don't have an issue with you disliking GOTG. My issue has been with how you are really really aggressive about it. That said, that post was more about the way the site has been going in general recently, and I took it out on you. For that, I apologize, and I do consider your opinion always to be well-placed. :)

even though I do still think you're crazy aggressive about it.

:P

I was kidding. Mostly ;)

I knew but I hated it when the others did the same generalising thing so I shouldn't have done it myself. :P

I think it would have made around 20m had the illegal bootlegs not happened.

Or more. It should have done $25m without the leak and the following negative WOM.

Oh and it didn't help that the PG-13 crowd the movie was trying to attract were too busy choosing between TMNT and GOTG.

Edited by KATCH 22

TMNT and GOTG seem to have split the family crowd, both movies have got boosts on Saturday the past couple of weeks, but not in the 50% range that they would have got if they were the only option. There doesn't seem to be a consensus choice for families. A 58% 2nd weekend drop would be awesome for TMNT actually, especially considering the predictions of 65% and so on that were seen throughout the week.

I'm interested in seeing how both of these movies hold since there aren't many other choices for families until Dolphin Tale 2 and The Boxtrolls come out .  Though considering school is back in, weekday numbers are bound to drop for both films.

• Like 1

And now after looking over the thread more, I apologize for bringing up baumer like that again. That said, I want to make sure baumer knows I don't really think of him as a troll so yay~

On topic: Really wish Boyhood had held better :/

• Like 1

I knew but I hated it when the others did the same generalising thing so I shouldn't have done it myself. :P

Or more. It should have done $25m without the leak and the following negative WOM.

Oh and it didn't help that the PG-13 crowd the movie was trying to attract were too busy choosing between TMNT and GOTG.

Aw, no worries! To be honest though… that was the only thing bugging me about the last couple of weekends. Like, I hate feeling like peeps are lumping the more reasonable sort with the, um, not so reasonable sort!

I try to not lump everyone in one group, b/c yeah, I hate it myself.  And I'm glad the thread calmed down now...

Well, uh, mostly calmed down.  :ph34r:

• Like 2

The movie was such a damn handjob to it's target audience, the hardcore Christians who view atheism as cancer. Pretty much every atheist or person of other religion was portrayed as a major league asshole, while the Christians were just the little cherubs with no unremarkable qualities whatsoever.

There's always two sides to a debate. The makers of God's Not Dead completely ignored that notion.

So did you in Kansas from CAYOM  :ph34r:

Also, just finished reading the whole baumer thing. Last thing I'll say on it:

Baumer, I'm sincerely sorry for even implying you're a troll. You aren't. You're honestly one of my favorite posters here, and I definitely appreciate what you bring to the site.

I also apologize to everyone by I guess accidentally starting that derail and just reading it now. I shouldn't have resorted to name-calling.

On a brighter note, YAY the box office is actually doing well for once!

• Like 1

Don't get the whole Marvel vs. TMNT thing.Notice that people who like TMNT also love Marvel elsewhere. (As I said before fans of the show love the movie and I notice they love Marvel too)Well....whatever :P

• Like 2

Man I miss the post before the mod edit it.  :(

Man, I missed the post before the mod edit.

I heard shit was going down in this thread. What's going on, more exactly? I'm too lazy to browse through 47 pages.

1). Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (PAR), 3,980 theaters (+135) / $7.9M Friday / $10.7M (+35%) / 3-day est. cume: $27M (-58%) / Total est. cume: $116M+ / Wk 2

2). Guardians of the Galaxy (DIS), 3,697 theaters (-391) / $6.9M Fri. / $9.69M Sat. (+40%) /3-day cume: $23.75M / Total cume: $221.4M / Wk 3

3). Let’s Be Cops (FOX), 3,094 theaters / $5.2M Wed. (includes $1.2M late nights) / $3.2M Thurs. / $5.6M Fri. / $6.49M Sat. (+15%) / 3-day cume: $17M+ / 5-day cume: $25.4M / Wk 1

4). The Expendables 3, (LGF), 3,221 theaters / $5.9M Fri. (includes $875K late nights) / $5.6M Sat. (-5%) / 3-day cume: $15.8M to $16M+ / Wk 1

5). The Giver (TWC), 3,003 theaters / $4.7M Fri. (includes $750K late nights) / $4.7M Sat. (0) / 3-day cume: $13M / Wk 1

6). The Hundred-Foot Journey (DIS), 2,043 theaters (+20)/ $2M Fri. / $3.19M Sat. (+55%) / 3-day cume: $7M (-32%) / Total cume: $24M / Wk 2

7). Into The Storm (WB), 3,434 theaters (0) / $2.26M Fri. / $3M Sat. (+35%) / 3-day cume: $7M+ (-58%) / Total cume: $30.9M / Wk 2

8). Lucy (UNI), 2,520 theaters (-627) / $1.57M Fri. / $2.1M Sat. (+35%) / 3-day cume: $5.2M / Total cume: $107.5M / Wk 4

9). Step Up All In (LGF), 2,072 theaters (0) / $750K Fri. / $860K Sat. (+15%) / 3-day cume: $2.25M (-66%) / Total cume: $11.4M / Wk 2

10). Boyhood (IFC), 771 theaters (+265) / $535K Fri. / $845K Sat. (+60%) / 3-day cume: $1.95M / Total cume: $13.6M / Wk 6

Hercules (PAR), 1,475 theaters (-1,421) / $572K Fri. / $790K Sat. (+40%) / 3-day cume: $1.93M / Total cume: $68M / Wk 4

5th UPDATE, Saturday, 11:00 PM: Paramount’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtlesand Disney/Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy continued to hold onto the No. 1 and No. 2 spots this weekend. The Turtles has been leading throughout the week and with an estimated $11.2M to $11.4M today — up about 42% — it should bring in a three-day cume of around $27.7M to $28.4M. Guardians rose about 47% from Friday to Saturday to take in about $10.2M for an expected cume of around $24.7M in its third weekend out. This weekend may be up about 4% from the same weekend in 2013, which was $113.6M when Lee Daniels’ The ButlerWe’re the MillersElysiumPlanesand Kick-Ass 2 were leading the box office.

Edited by eXtacy
  • Like 5

5th UPDATE, Saturday, 11:00 PM: Paramount’sTeenage Mutant Ninja Turtlesand Disney/Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy continued to hold onto the No. 1 and No. 2 spots this weekend. The Turtles has been leading throughout the week and with an estimated $11.2M to $11.4M today — up about 42% — it should bring in a three-day cume of around $27.7M to $28.4M. Guardians rose about 47% from Friday to Saturday to take in about $10.2M for an expected cume of around $24.7M in its third weekend out. This weekend may be up about 4% from the same weekend in 2013, which was $113.6M when Lee Daniels’ The Butler, We’re the Millers, Elysium, Planesand Kick-Ass 2 were leading the box office.

Even better numbers
  • Like 1

5th UPDATE, Saturday, 11:00 PM:Newcomer Let’s Be Cops is No. 3 with around $6.6M (up 18%) and should bring in around $17.3M to $17.6M for the three-day and $25.7M to $26M for the five-day for Fox. The Expendables 3 was off about 4% today to take in another $5.7M and will end the weekend with around $16.2M as this seems to be one tired franchise, opening in the fourth spot. International numbers will come in the morning for this Millennium/Lionsgate actioner which began its overseas media kick off during the Cannes International Film Festival and subsequently began running spots during the World Cup on Spanish language channels and on sports shows.The final newbie The Giver from The Weinstein Co. ended up off anywhere between 6% and 10% from Friday to Saturday to take in about $4.3M to $4.6M today. It should end the weekend in a range of $12.2M to $12.7M and in the No. 5 spot. That’s how it looks tonight and numbers may, of course, change in the AM. Until then …

• Like 2

5th UPDATE, Saturday, 11:00 PM: Paramount’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtlesand Disney/Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy continued to hold onto the No. 1 and No. 2 spots this weekend. The Turtles has been leading throughout the week and with an estimated $11.2M to $11.4M today — up about 42% — it should bring in a three-day cume of around $27.7M to $28.4M. Guardians rose about 47% from Friday to Saturday to take in about $10.2M for an expected cume of around $24.7M in its third weekend out. This weekend may be up about 4% from the same weekend in 2013, which was $113.6M when Lee Daniels’ The ButlerWe’re the MillersElysiumPlanesand Kick-Ass 2 were leading the box office.

The top 2 increased, as usual.