kayumanggi

Weekend numbers thread:TMNT: 28.4 GOTG: 24.7 LBC. 17.7 Ex3: 16.2

Guardians of the Galaxy and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are kind of reminding me of the Rush Hour 2/American Pie 2 duo from August 2001. On a higher scale, of course.

It's not on a higher scale when you consider 13 years of ticket price inflation and 3D surcharges.

It's not just the leak. I am pretty sure the PG-13 rating and the whole thing about the movie being mostly about a younger cast instead of the "bunch of old style heroes beating the fuck out of people" has a lot to do with it.

Agree about the PG-13 rating but the comment about the younger cast isn't true at all. They got at most 20% of screen time devoted to them and they shared the last act with everyone else.

Oop! LOLOLOLOL!!!!

Wilding's a friend on Twitter, (as is RorMachine and Marvel_Freshman). I love talking CBMs with them and other random stuff, but yeah, I'll admit he does write really baity headlines. Often ;)

I've teased him for his clickbait a lot :P

Marvel_Freshman is a good contributor. I follow him on twitter. He always finds the good stuff and scoops people quite a bit.

• Like 1

Agreed.  Was at the beach yesterday and asked a few friends if they were going to see Expendables and they said they had already downloaded it.  Neither was thrilled with it but would have been at the theater if there had been no leak.

I got 5 friends who looked forwards to see the movie with me, then the leak happened and ALL of them watched their download version instead. :(

It's already made 10 times it's budget. Has the Purge3 been announced yet? :lol:

400m WW already. Imagine if it can top TASM2 WW as well. :mellow:

I don't think so. I think now (already hoping not another bad surprise will appear) ww $600m+ and hope for $650m

It depends too much on e.g. how China will like it and the release date they got is not a good one

It's not just the leak. I am pretty sure the PG-13 rating and the whole thing about the movie being mostly about a younger cast instead of the "bunch of old style heroes beating the fuck out of people" has a lot to do with it.

I always saw these movies for Jet Li first. The first movie the fight scenes sucked because someone in the editing room had no idea what he was doing. The 2nd movie Li basically has a glorified cameo and then after his fight scene the rest sucked anyway. So when I found out it was the same old shit for EX3 I decided not to waste my time with it. If I want 80's / 90's cinema I have a plethora of blurays at my disposal. Edited by AJ2k

The first movie the fight scenes sucked because someone in the editing room had no idea what he was doing.

Nah, it's because the editor was trying to keep the old geezers looking good, since they can't move like they used to. ;) Edited by Telemachos

I don't think so. I think now (already hoping not another bad surprise will appear) ww $600m+ and hope for $650m

It depends too much on e.g. how China will like it and the release date they got is not a good one

It opened well almost everywhere, on par with the other SH movies, and is holding better than most. I think it's up to China to make or break the possibility.

I always saw these movies for Jet Li first. The first movie the fight scenes sucked because someone in the editing room had no idea what he was doing. The 2nd movie Li basically has a glorified cameo and then after his fight scene the rest sucked anyway. So when I found out it was the same old shit for EX3 I decided not to waste my time with it. If I want 80's / 90's cinema I have a plethora of blurays at my disposal.

Watching a movie with the ensemble cast just for ONE actor? I'll never understand this way of thinking. If the movie's good, does it matter if your favourite actor is in it a lot or not?

• Like 1

Considering Paramount's/Michael Bay track record of fudging numbers, how do we know the TMNT numbers aren't being fudged? Wasn't WB doing the same thing with The Lego movie to keep it ahead of Captain America 2 for so long?