kayumanggi

Weekend numbers thread:TMNT: 28.4 GOTG: 24.7 LBC. 17.7 Ex3: 16.2

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES took in an estimated $28.4M this weekend. Domestic total now stands at $117.64M.... http://fb.me/1vLscOjtJ 

Expand

[*] 

That hold is almost as good as GotG second weekend hold.  Excluding previews the drop is about -53%.  Of course the not much in new competition but still a good hold for a movie that supposedly has bad WOM.   At a glance its holding better than Rise of Cobra so maybe 180 is a good target.

• Like 1

Well, like I said, The Lego movie was doing that just so it can claim number one movie of the domestic BO as long as it could. I think Paramount is fudging TMNT numbers, but, it don't matter, GOTG is still looking to reign supreme of the summer BO period!

So in your belief GOTG could have been no.1 this weekend if it hadn't been for Paramount fudging TMNT by 5mil so it could come out on top?

Sorry but the reality sounds more believable.

Edited by KATCH 22
  • Like 3

That hold is almost as good as GotG second weekend hold.  Excluding previews the drop is about -53%.  Of course the not much in new competition but still a good hold for a movie that supposedly has bad WOM.   At a glance its holding better than Rise of Cobra so maybe 180 is a good target.

Not really surprising GOTG and Turtles are holding well when nothing decent is coming out for the next couple of weeks maybe a month

But those don't have superpowers, do they?

But neither does Batman, really other than being Batman.Lets put it this way, TMNT operates out of the traditional Marvel/DC structure, so it's slightly different for them outside of the other four films. It was never expected to match the other films
  • Like 2

But neither does Batman, really other than being Batman.Lets put it this way, TMNT operates out of the traditional Marvel/DC structure, so it's slightly different for them outside of the other four films. It was never expected to match the other films

I was going to say Batman, but then all I saw was Kevin Costner.

• Like 4

Box Office Mojo @boxofficemojo 4 mins

'Transformers: Age of Extinction' now ranks 6th all-time overseas with $811.1 million: http://bit.ly/1BqqLQY  pic.twitter.com/v3bG5n9riK

Posted Image

Wait.. It was 11mil under 800 last week, how the hell did it make another 20mil with no new market opening?

Did Paramount play around with the number again?? :ph34r: