chasmmi

Chasmmi's Winter Game - Discussion and Rules - SCORES ARE TALLIED RESULTS COUNTDOWN IN PROGRESS!!!

yes, of course. I didn't ask you to remove those categories. It's ok right now. I am happy it's challenging ;)

I know you weren't asking, but actually I've got another Preseason (simpler) list that I want to try out that I think will be a fun replacement for WW OW this winter.

I'll be making the approapriate changes in an hour or two so keep an eye out. It's an idea that I quite like but the reactions of others may differ (but my game so nyah :P

• Like 1

Part D now officially changed: (I do not intend to make any other changes to this preseason section now unless there is an actual mistake somewhere)

D: WORLD HUNGER CHALLENGE

Predict the top 5 Overseas (so not USA) territories for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay over the duration of the game.

POINT SYSTEM:

For each correctly predicted country, regardless of order you receive 15,000 points

For each country in the exact spot you receive 5,000 bonus points (so 20,000 total)

Call 3 of the top 5 correctly (any order) receive 15,000 bonus points

Call 4 of the top 5 (any order) receive 30,000 bonus points

Call top 5 (any order) receive 50,000 bonus points

For every incorrect film lose 10,000 points

GROSS ACCURACY:

There are no gross predictions required only placements.

• Like 2

I haven't been around long enough to play any of these games before, so I was wondering what SOTM questions are, and what the rules to answering the weekly questions (if I miss a week, am I disqualified, or are these bonus...?) And so the game starts on October 3rd, so our predictions must be in by the third, and then come the weekly questions...? Also noticed that the B section is asking for Opening Weeks, but I also see OW, and weekend mentioned, so is this a typo, or are we actually predicting the first 7 days? Just wondering how this works.

Thanks  :)

Edited by DAJK

I haven't been around long enough to play any of these games before, so I was wondering what SOTM questions are, and what the rules to answering the weekly questions (if I miss a week, am I disqualified, or are these bonus...?) And so the game starts on October 3rd, so our predictions must be in by the third, and then come the weekly questions...? Also noticed that the B section is asking for Opening Weeks, but I also see OW, and weekend mentioned, so is this a typo, or are we actually predicting the first 7 days? Just wondering how this works. Thanks  :)

Sotm means spur of the moment. They are just random questions that score bonus points if answered correctly and lose points if incorrectly. They will appear sporadically throughout the game. Weekly questions will apart every week to be answer before each Friday and these area way if scoring more points. There is no pensions for missing 1 or even15 weeks except missing out on points you may have scored if you'd answered them.There are also makeup questions for people who miss at least one week. As for ow yes it is opening weekend. However for a non Friday opener (eg hobbit?) The weekend will be seen as the period from its opening day until is first Sunday.
  • Like 1

I was going to step out of this one.. but I might as well enter in my top 15... will go away and work this all out....

"winter is indeed coming" (though in my case..  it's summer is coming :ph34r:  :wub:  :D )

• Like 1