RyneOh1040

Weekend Numbers (NGD 24.5M)

It's less about Elba and more about a general hunger for this particular "woman in danger" genre which always manage to surprise people and do business.  I believe internal comps for this one was The Call which so far seems spot on.  Expect Jennifer Lopez's The Boy Next Door to do decent business as well come January.  

• Like 5

It's less about Elba and more about a general hunger for this particular "woman in danger" genre which always manage to surprise people and do business.  I believe internal comps for this one was The Call which so far seems spot on.  Expect Jennifer Lopez's The Boy Next Door to do decent business as well come January.  

I guess thats the only thing worth watching in January. ^_^

Could "Dolphin Tale 2" still win the weekend? I think the screenings will be packed on Saturday and Sunday.

Judging by the numbers I'm seeing, I don't see it winning the weekend.  It's currently a tad behind the first Dolphin Tale at the same time of day.  It's still possible but I'd put my money on No Good Deed winning the weekend with Dolphin Tale pulling ahead the following week. 

Edited by spatulashack
  • Like 7

This times a thousand. 

This is going to get all of the women like my mom who love Lopez in 'Enough'.

Idris Elba is the white Stanley tucci. Never gives a good bad performance. Although Michael bay tried his hardest!!

Nobody gives a bad performance in Bay films.

Judging by the numbers I'm seeing, I don't see it winning the weekend.  It's currently a tad behind the first Dolphin Tale at the same time of day.  It's still possible but I'd put my money on No Good Deed winning the weekend with Dolphin Tale pulling ahead the following week. 

Thank you, spatulashack.

What are your Friday projections for "No Good Deed"? Is it playing better in the evening than matinees?

Its not a curse.  It goes either way winning an Oscar.  They have to use that opportunity especially picking scripts on the film as well as money making machine franchise.

Tom Cruise, Will Smith, Brad Pitt never won an Oscar. Kevin Costner was worshipped after Dances With Wolves swept. Now he is doing "3 Days to Kill" with Amber Heard who drove angry with Nicolas Cage. Tom Cruise may be annoying overachiever but his last franchise made $700M WW. Anthony Hopkins won one for the iconic Hannibal Lecter role but he is not doing anything extraordinary these days (granted he is no longer young).

But look at Jack Nicholson. A movie star who knows how to act who has been nominated 12 times. First in 1969, won in 1975 for Cuckoo's Nest and 15 years later starred in the hugely successful Batman. It's a blessing for somebody like Jack. For the rest of the mere mortals, it's a curse.

Tom Cruise, Will Smith, Brad Pitt never won an Oscar. Kevin Costner was worshipped after Dances With Wolves swept. Now he is doing "3 Days to Kill" with Amber Heard who drove angry with Nicolas Cage. Tom Cruise may be annoying overachiever but his last franchise made $700M WW. Anthony Hopkins won one for the iconic Hannibal Lecter role but he is not doing anything extraordinary these days (granted he is no longer young).

But look at Jack Nicholson. A movie star who knows how to act who has been nominated 12 times. First in 1969, won in 1975 for Cuckoo's Nest and 15 years later starred in the hugely successful Batman. It's a blessing for somebody like Jack. For the rest of the mere mortals, it's a curse.

I can easily point out that Will Smith who hasn't won an Oscar did badly in After Earth.  And hasn't done anything good that I can't even remember him except in MIB.  You can moan and groan for these actors and actresses, but sooner or later they do gradually fade away.  Even singers that we love that had an awesome career are just singing at bars or small concerts.  But anyways I don't believe that Oscar curse and it depends on the actors/actresses actions to maintain still being in the A-list or important in the media and fans.

Another poster posted in another forum put this out.  In my view it was her actions that pretty much put where she is now.

http://www.eonline.com/news/578098/taraji-p-henson-oscar-nominated-actress-vents-to-ebony-magazine-i-m-treated-like-i-m-on-the-d-list

Taraji P. Henson, Oscar-Nominated Actress, Vents to Ebony Magazine: "I'm Treated Like I'm on the D-List"

When will Taraji P. Henson get the credit she deserves?

If only the actress knew the answer. "I'm treated like I'm on the D-list," Henson, 44, complains in Ebony's October issue. "I'm still being considered with actresses who haven't done half the stuff I've achieved."

In 2009, Henson was nominated for an Oscar for her role in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. In 2011, she earned an Emmy nomination for the title role in Taken from Me: The Tiffany Rubin Story.

Henson may not be topping casting lists, but that hasn't dampened her spirits. "When people tell me 'no,' I get hyped," she says. "Because when I prove that I can and will, I love watching people eat crow."

The No Good Deed actress isn't totally anonymous, however. In fact, Henson says she isn't above using her celebrity status "to get my fat ass into a restaurant. If someone tells me there's a wait, I'll walk right to the front of the line like, 'I need a table now. I need to eat, and I want this. So let's work this out.'"

• Like 2

Another poster posted in another forum put this out.  In my view it was her actions that pretty much put where she is now.

http://www.eonline.com/news/578098/taraji-p-henson-oscar-nominated-actress-vents-to-ebony-magazine-i-m-treated-like-i-m-on-the-d-list

Taraji P. Henson, Oscar-Nominated Actress, Vents to Ebony Magazine: "I'm Treated Like I'm on the D-List"

When will Taraji P. Henson get the credit she deserves?

If only the actress knew the answer. "I'm treated like I'm on the D-list," Henson, 44, complains in Ebony's October issue. "I'm still being considered with actresses who haven't done half the stuff I've achieved."

In 2009, Henson was nominated for an Oscar for her role in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. In 2011, she earned an Emmy nomination for the title role in Taken from Me: The Tiffany Rubin Story.

Henson may not be topping casting lists, but that hasn't dampened her spirits. "When people tell me 'no,' I get hyped," she says. "Because when I prove that I can and will, I love watching people eat crow."

The No Good Deed actress isn't totally anonymous, however. In fact, Henson says she isn't above using her celebrity status "to get my fat ass into a restaurant. If someone tells me there's a wait, I'll walk right to the front of the line like, 'I need a table now. I need to eat, and I want this. So let's work this out.'"

LOL. Keep yourself in the Z list. That is where you belong anyway. 

• Like 6
  • ...wtf 1

Thank you, spatulashack.

What are your Friday projections for "No Good Deed"? Is it playing better in the evening than matinees?

It's still too early to really say.  I can say that it's about 60% ahead of The Call at the same time of day.  If you were to apply that to The Call's opening Friday you'd get about $9.8 million.  

Edited by spatulashack
  • Like 2

Don't ask me why but I think Sony did a great campaign with No Good Deed. If I lived in America, I would see it this weekend. The JLo Boy Next Door movie looks terrible, tho. 

Edited by CJohn

Henson is the lead in a new FOX TV series and the lead in the #1 film in the USA this weekend. She executive produced "No Good Deed", and the film should be profitable. She also co-starred in the #1 film opening weekend in June - "Think Like A Man" after coming off a series regular role on a hit TV series on CBS from 2011 - 2013.

Three #1 opening films, an Emmy nomination, series regular roles in two major TV series over a three year period?

Her career is better than 99.9% of actors and actresses. She may not be A-list, but her career is stable and steady in studio films and major TV networks.

Edited by lyndenfl
  • Like 2