RyneOh1040

Weekend Numbers (NGD 24.5M)

I wonder how Thor 3 will perform. A good target for it IMO is around $800-850 million.

I dunno...I have zero confidence in the US potential for Thor 3. The character has a "euro" aura and dimensional premise, and the US audience doesn't "get it". Its true that Thor 2 had Catching Fire and Best Man Holiday to deal with, but I still expected 240M to be the minimum. Overseas is where its gonna happen again. If Marvel Studios truly brings their A game this time, and gets some elite CGI animators instead of being cheap with practical costumes and makeup (where's Surtur, Mangog, Ymir...) Thor 3 could see an increase to 550-600M overseas. Add the 230M or so from another lethargic US run, and high 700's to 800M is possible. Its all up to Marvel. Listen, Cap 3 WILL NOT do a billion :D. Too many overseas markets aren't interested. The fact that the mountain of critic support and fanboy hype only won Cap 2 just 15 of the 55 markets over Thor 2 is very telling. Never mind good will and WOM. Cap 2 ALREADY had a ridiculous amount of this, yet failed to move the needle overseas except for China and South Korea. Cap 3 could do over 300M in the US, but lukewarm overseas markets will keep it just shy of a billion, probably 850-900M area.
  • Like 3

Thats about right...hey, look! A lot of overseas markets see Cap, an American patriotic hero in stars and stripes, and they're staying away from the theater :D! Unanimous critic support, fanboy frenzies, how much more goodwill can you get from that?! But you see the...empty theaters in Russia, Italy, and France :)...you're ramming an american hero down peoples throats :)!

Yeah.

Currently, the MCU has three potential $1 billion sequels coming out in the next three years...four if IM4 is done.

1) AOU

2) CA3

3) GOTG2

If IM4 is done than we got 2 locks XD

Buy I think GOTG2 will have troubles oversea :( Not in europe, there it wil be huge again but I think the guardiens still have to convince LA and Azia :(

• Like 1

If IM4 is done than we got 2 locks XDBuy I think GOTG2 will have troubles oversea :( Not in europe, there it wil be huge again but I think the guardiens still have to convince LA and Azia :(

Cap 3 made less than Thor 2 in 40 of the 54 overseas markets. Guardians will do slightly better, but will also gross less than Thor 2 the majority of the overseas markets. These numbers would seem to indicate that if Thor 3 does around 800M, Cap and Guardians will do a little more, 800-900 range. Cap and Guardians are just not as embraced as Thor on a territory by territory count. They do big numbers in TWO or THREE markets, including the US and China, to edge Thor in the end. That wont cut it if you're aiming for a billion. You have to rout Thor like Iron Man Three did. I'm curious though...what if Marvel Studios could light a US-China fire for Thor? Edited by OdinSon2k14

It also managed to out perform Thor 2 OS, this after Thor 1 soundly out grossed Caps 1 OS.

Look closely...Cap 2 outgrossed Thor 2 overseas because of ONE market, China (115M-55M=60; without that, it makes less than Thor 2 OS), which happens to be the SECOND LARGEST. The US is THE largest. It got outgrossed by Thor 2 just about everywhere else. Its not an impressive result by any means. We're not talking about IM3 here. Edited by OdinSon2k14
  • Like 1

Go Guardians. Crossed 300m like it was nothing. Astonishing.

The Turtles aren't slouches either. Will it cross $200m or is it out of reach?

Let's Be Cops has done well too.

And as Tele said about 100 ft Journey has a nice little total as well.

And good for No Good Deeds. Thumbs up Idris and Taraji!

cowabunga baby! Dam lucy is going to pass 400m ww. damn!

• Like 2

Look closely...Cap 2 outgrossed Thor 2 overseas because of ONE market, China, which happens to be the SECOND LARGEST. The US is THE largest. It got outgrossed by Thor 2 just about everywhere else. Its not an impressive result by any means. We're not talking about IM3 here.

cap 3 is going for Avenger boosted IM 3 nums. Thor is summer film and still cant beat cap on the dom or ww front . Rightt now everyons fv avenger is cap! Cap3 is going for  1bil if good. deal with it

• Like 3

cap 3 is going for Avenger boosted IM 3 nums. Thor is summer film and still cant beat cap on the dom or ww front . Rightt now everyons fv avenger is cap! Cap3 is going for  1bil if good. deal with it

Damn right, haven't seen you on in a while good friend.
  • Like 3