Impact

Weekend Prediction thread 6/7-6/9 Play the Derby

1. Compton: $18.5 million ($139 million) 
  2. We Are Your Friends: $11 million
  3. War Room: $10.5 million 
  4. Mission Impossible 5: $9.5 million ($172 million) 
  5. The Man From UNCLE: $4.5 million ($33 million) 
  6. Sinister 2: $4 million ($16 million) 
  7. No Escape: $3.5 million ($5 million)
  8. Ant-Man: $3 million ($169 million) 
  9. Minions: $3 million ($324 million) 
  10. The Gift: $3 million ($35 million) 

Really wish something good would win :P:lol: Oh well :P

Edit: Before anyone says anything-I know some might consider that a good film but yeah kind of a odd and not the type of a film I really want to have win or something like that lol.

Edited by Impact

Really wish something good would win :P:lol: Oh well :P

Edit: Before anyone says anything-I know some might consider that a good film but yeah kind of a odd and not the type of a film I really want to have win or something like that lol.

Well, Straight Outta Compton is supposedly really good (I haven't seen it yet) and is almost certainly better than anything coming out over the next 3 weeks, so if it continues to dominate until then, fine by me.

• Like 1

Well, Straight Outta Compton is supposedly really good (I haven't seen it yet) and is almost certainly better than anything coming out over the next 3 weeks, so if it continues to dominate until then, fine by me.

Likely I wont like it though even if it is supposedly good-I really can't stand rap music. (Well its still better then heavy metal-if that even is music)

Compton has no chance of winning for 4th consecutive wknd, even 3rd is not so sure yet.

Anyway, newcomers?

War Room - $7m

We Are Your Friends - $4.2m

Not so sure yet? Unless you are suggesting that Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation is going to beat it, which is extremely wishful thinking, what is supposed to stop it?  

Edited by PenguinHyphy
  • Like 2

Likely I wont like it though even if it is supposedly good-I really can't stand rap music. (Well its still better then heavy metal-if that even is music)

Not liking a music genre has nothing to do with a movie being good or bad.

I don't like or listen to Country music at all but I still thought Walk the line was a great film with terrific performances

If a movie needs you to be into a certain type of music in order for you to enjoy it

than in my opinion that movie has failed   

Straight out of Compton works for the same reason that Walk the line did because even If I didn't care for the type of music in it

I still thought it was a was a well directed film with a good story and great performances from its cast.

Edited by roxas11
  • Like 1

This coming weekend looks pretty bad and uninteresting. I don't think any movie will hit double digits(maybe WAYF...but still, the movie looks bad). Well anyway, where do you think Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation and Straight Outta Compton will end up domestically?

Edited by cmbbox2390

Guys paranormal and mystery thread has new posts. So post away,in it. Also damn straight out compton one huge bo success and crtics darling. Though they sort of painted nwa as,folk heroes in this film

. and we all know that is not what,NWA was at all. Especially how they didnt touch on the abuse of women by dre and easy and other violent acts. Loved the movie though,despite alot of bs omittances lol.

• Like 1

1. Straight Outta Compton - 12.9M
  2. War Room - 11.3M
  3. Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation - 8.2M
  4. We Are Your Friends - 8.2M
  5. No Escape - 5.6M
  6. The Man From U.N.C.L.E. - 4.3M
  7. Sinister 2 - 3.6M
  8. The Gift - 3.3M
  9. Minions - 3.2M
  10. Ant-Man - 3.2M
  11. Hitman: Agent 47 - 2.9M
  12. American Ultra - 2.8M

1. Compton: $18.5 million ($139 million) 
  2. We Are Your Friends: $11 million
  3. War Room: $10.5 million 
  4. Mission Impossible 5: $9.5 million ($172 million) 
  5. The Man From UNCLE: $4.5 million ($33 million) 
  6. Sinister 2: $4 million ($16 million) 
  7. No Escape: $3.5 million ($5 million)
  8. Ant-Man: $3 million ($169 million) 
  9. Minions: $3 million ($324 million) 
  10. The Gift: $3 million ($35 million) 

With that kind of number, MI:RN can hit $200M with zero competition until Scorch Trial opens.

Edited by zackzack