Fullbuster

Star Wars Rebels - Season 3 on September 24 : Will Grand Admiral Thrawn destroy them all??

Not much to say here, so won't even bother with spoiler box.

Nice episode, mostly quiet.  Say, 7.75-8/10. Feels something like a breather episode, but competently made.  Nice to see a focus on Sabine for once, at least. :)

4 minutes ago, DAR said:
  Hide contents

WEDGE "MUTHAFUCKING" ANTILLES!!!!!!!!!

:ohmygod::ohmygod:

Spoiler

Now you see, as a long time Wedge fan, that's how I WANTED to feel.  But, dunno.  Something was missing.  Can't quite place my finger on it.

Still a good episode, just.... I dunno.  Can't quite figure it out. 

Yeah it was a fun little side episode.  I think this shows since it seems to be doing pretty good shows that people won't mind the Rogue One film since neither are technically the main story.  Although obviously yes they all intersect with the main story, of course.

2 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

I also liked the touch of

Hide contents

Agent Kallus helping Sabine escape so he is "even" with Zeb. Nice callback to that Season 2 episode.

Yeah I really liked that too.  I always enjoy when they do things like that to show they pay attention to their own show

10 minutes ago, DAR said:

Another solid episode.  

Hide contents

I'm absolutely loving how they're portraying Thrawn

Yeah, Lars Mikkelsen is nailing the voicing and the writing is pretty spot on except for

Spoiler

Thrawn having a sudden twinge of physical violence with Captain Slozo or whatever his name was. Book Thrawn, even in the face of unrelenting stupidity and ignorance, never lost his cool.

I like that he's fine with giving the Ghost crew minor victories in order to learn more about them, so that presumably he can bait a huge trap for them and the Rebel fleet.

Also, a leftover thought from last week's episode:

Image result for star wars rebels governor pryce

Image result for indiana jones and the kingdom of the crystal skull cate blanchett

They should have went for the right voice actress too :ph34r:

21 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

Yeah, Lars Mikkelsen is nailing the voicing and the writing is pretty spot on except for

Hide contents

Thrawn having a sudden twinge of physical violence with Captain Slozo or whatever his name was. Book Thrawn, even in the face of unrelenting stupidity and ignorance, never lost his cool.

Spoiler

Thought about that, but it IS Younger Thrawn.  But I also wonder if it was the near mocking of studying of art (and in fact viewing it as disposable) that sent him momentarily over the edge.

That is, it was showing annoyance that this fool not only was incompetent but was ignoring everything he was attempting to teach him.  Especially since he had just run an experiment proving its worth (see next spoiler box).

And it'a not like Book Thrawn was above disciplining fools for failure.  What sets him apart from Vader is that he doesn't hold failure against someone if that person is competent or had justifiable reasons for what they did. 

Either way, I liked it because it gives a bit of dimension to the character instead of just being this Completely Aloof Above Mere Mortal Emotions like so many Holmes/Spock clones are written,  Especially since the canonical Holmes and Spock lost their cool on occasion.  Rounds out the character a bit, in other words.

Separate point I'd like to bring up

Spoiler

One thing I REALLY liked is how Hera being willing to destroy her family heirloom to keep it out of Imperial hands foreshadows her willingness to destroy her home.  It drives home Thrawn's MO about studying art and how people react to art, you can learn more about them and anticipate their moves.

This is also telegraphed by Thrawn's point about running an experiment.  I have to presume he wanted to see if Hera's attitudes really would go that far.  They did, and his experiment was deemed a success.  How he plans to use that against the greater Rebellion should be interesting to see.

There's no way

Spoiler

General Super Smart Droid doesn't return in a later episode to assist the Rebels.

Fun little episode about a side mission that could open a door for some cool stuff down the line with that new character

• Like 1