Fullbuster

Star Wars Rebels - Season 3 on September 24 : Will Grand Admiral Thrawn destroy them all??

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Problem with Pelleon is, why hasn't he been Thrawn's 'Watson' so far this season?  I suppose this could be where the two of them come together as a team, but it just seems odd to bring in Pelleon mid-way through the season.

Thrawn's fleet only showed up once in Iron Squadron so far. And teeechnically in the EU they only teamed up post-Endor. And it might be as a way to increase the stakes. In the EU, Pelleon was just as competent as Thrawn basically. 

• Like 1

I agree with Porthos that it is probably Yularen.

Pellaeon coming in mid-season seems odd. Yularen makes more sense, especially with the Saw/Geonosis/Death Star implications.

Mulder I disagree with Pellaeon being as competent as Thrawn, at least at first. He was solid, competent, reliable, but rather staid and undynamic. His tutelage as Thrawn's foil really helped him grow as a strategist. By the end times of the old EU, I'd agree he was getting close to Thrawn-level skills.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4815162342 said:

Solid 2-part premiere.

Had to laugh a little though. Everyone: "I wonder what the Empire was building here." Klick-Klack: "Guys I am drawing you the freaking Death Star. Get a protocol droid damnit!"

I have no idea what you're talking about.  CLEARLY he was drawing an egg. :ph34r:

(Stupid sand; gets everywhere :rofl:)

Some Rebels nuggets re Rogue One 

Speaking with io9, Rogue One animation supervisor Hal Hickel opened up about the cameos from the Disney XD series. “You see the film and think it’s a kind of corporate synergy,” he said.

“But really it’s just casual and friendly contact between folks at Lucasfilm working on different aspects of the Star Wars universe and going, ‘This would be super cool. Can we put your ship in our movie?’”

While the Ghost appearing in Rogue One was pretty straightforward, it wasn't the same for the Hammerhead Corvettes from Star Wars Rebels. They started as a support ship that then got a bigger role in the movie while the story was in development, according to Rogue One producer John Knoll.

"Suddenly I needed a ship that could act as a tugboat and I thought, 'Well, let’s use the Hammerhead for that,'” he said. "So it kind of turned into a starring role."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/01/09/how-familiar-star-wars-rebels-spaceships-ended-up-in-rogue-one

• Like 1

On 1/9/2017 at 6:27 PM, Mulder said:

I thought Warhead'd be a throw-away filler episode but not only does it look like it'll end up being important, it actually is looking pretty good and intriguing. 

It was a solid fun little episode. Mostly standalone, but the very end ties it into the season-long plot.

Spoiler

It shows Thrawn's good perception and strategy in that even the best possible outcome for the Rebels still narrows down the possible search parameters for their base by a factor of 10 (About 1,000 possible systems to only 94).

3 hours ago, RandomJC said:

Finally watching clone wars. Woop. 

And waiting to watch the last few episodes with a friend.

Yeah I am finally catching up now too since my new x1 gave me all the episodes on demand. I'm just a couple shows behind now 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Porthos said:

(haven't seen it yet; will later tonight)

((actually love so-called 'filler' episodes, as I'm a sucker for character pieces))

I've enjoyed a lot of the 'filler' episodes as well. Legends of the Lasat was probably one of my favourite of the series, but tonight's one was really good as well.

• Like 1

:wub:Pablo Hidalgo on this week's Rebels Recon:

(starts around 4 min mark)

Spoiler

That bit about Filoni commenting on an K-2SO like droid is indeed a tremendoulsly wasted opportunity.  Still, always have the future. 

And that episode preview for next week! :wub::wub::wub:

Edited by Porthos

Such a great episode. Besides the nice lore tidbits like Tar Viszla and the recanonization of the Mandalorian Wars, we've also got the first real character development episode for Sabine and it works really well. Super excited for the next episode though it's disappointing that we're going on another hiatus.

• Like 1