Ent

WEEKEND ACTUALS

Too bad that Equalizer is going to end up around 100 domestic and not catch up to Ride Along's 133 million.  #1 grossing movie of the year starring a Black person will be one with an 18% on RT. But then again, movies starring a Black person in a leading role this year weren't given a lot of great opportunities.  A Haunted House 2 has a 10% on RT.  No Good Deed has a 12% on RT.  Ride Along 2 at 18%.  Think Like a Man 2 at 23%. Hercules at 60%.  Average RT score for a movie with a Black person in a leading role this year is in the 40s.   

Edited by Ando81

Too bad that Equalizer is going to end up around 100 domestic and not catch up to Ride Along's 133 million.  #1 grossing movie of the year starring a Black person will be one with an 18% on RT. But then again, movies starring a Black person in a leading role this year weren't given a lot of great opportunities.  A Haunted House 2 has a 10% on RT.  No Good Deed has a 12% on RT.  Ride Along 2 at 18%.  Think Like a Man 2 at 23%. Hercules at 60%.  Average RT score for a movie with a Black person in a leading role this year is in the 40s.   

Not this shit again. <_<

• Like 3

That Lucy is about to hit 400m worldwide is completely shocking to me. Biggest surprises of the summer for me:

1. Lucy worldwide

2. Guardians domestic

3. Maleficent domestic

Completely agree. Those are my biggest surprises, too (in that order).

• Like 1

International audiences are kind of saving face for Blended, A Million Ways to Die in the West and Sex Tape.

A Million Ways did the same OS as DOM so I would say OS did nothing for it. 

I'm more interested in the top grossing movie starring an over 50 deaf quadriplegic Inuit female mountain climber.

• Like 6

Comedies are always a tougher sell overseas. Humor just doesn't translate as well as explosions.

22 Jump St  - 324 ww (191dom/133os)

Neighbors - 268 (150/118)

The Other Woman - 194 (84/110)

Grand Budapest Hotel - 173 (59/114)

Ride Along - 153 (134/19)

Blended - 127 (46/81)

Sex Tape - 117 (38/79)

Lets Be Cops - 106 (80/26)

Tammy - 97 (84/13)

A Million Ways To Die In The West - 86 (43/43)

• Like 1