CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Gone Girl - 26.8M | Dracula Untold - 23.5M | Alexander - 19.1M | Annabelle - 16.4M | The Judge - 13.3M

So Mojo is up then down, then up, then down again. Up down up down up down up down. It's literally fucking us.

It's true. I am literally being anally penetrated by a website that tracks box office revenue. it's quite the feat.

• Like 6

I think the Judge was hurt more by the bad reviews than anything. Drama is usually a genre that critics like. So even though Annabelle and Dracula Untold got bad reviews, it's different. I don't trust critic reviews when it comes to horror or action anymore. Especially horror, since most of them get slammed. But drama is different. At least I think the Judge was a drama. I'm not really sure what it was.

• Like 1

I don't know how everyone's so surprised that Gone Girl held so well. It's a critically acclaimed adult drama. Nothing this weekend looked that appealing. 

Makes sense there'd be legs... why was everyone expecting a 35-45% drop?

Who is surprised?