CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Gone Girl - 26.8M | Dracula Untold - 23.5M | Alexander - 19.1M | Annabelle - 16.4M | The Judge - 13.3M

I get great amusement that out of all four big new releases, Addicted has the highest PTA

I really want to write a parody song from a musical I was in for Gone Girl... but no one here would get the parody... so yeah :lol:

Let me guess: Amazing Mazy from Seussical: the Musical?

• Like 1

Wow, Addicted tore it up.  And it was surprisingly front-loaded.  

I'm guessing it was *way* more anticipated than I realized (I'm probably not in its target demographic), but I'm also going to guess that it'll both hold poorly and fail to respond very well to significantly increasing its number of screens.  Then again, since I'm not in its target demographic, I probably have no idea what I'm talking about.

• Like 1

Dracula making the haters disappear

tumblr_nbijvtxnUF1qmmt27o5_500.gif

Dracula is doing okay but this was a very well-known IP and Universal spend like crazy on ad campaign. I an expecting a $180-190 million WW total which is fine for its negative cost but nothing to brag about.

I think Sony overestimated the appeal of TGWTDT but it did do $100m domestic but at $90m, it was expensive,think MGM who were co-financier and distributor made a small loss on it.

What's TGWTDT?

Edit: I just looked on BOM and its Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 1

This was a huge weekend, about equal with 2003 in admissions.

This is the reason why I need Mojo's articles. They always have some tidbits of information comparing said weekend to another weekend and how much the BO added up to during the weekend and fun commentary. I NEED THEM

!!!!

• Like 2

With 3 new releases next week (one with a potential 30m opening) and strong potential from Ouija, this October is poised to set a record.

Ouija isn't opening anywhere close to Annabelle.

I'm thinking about 15-20M right now.

• Like 1

Dracula is doing okay but this was a very well-known IP and Universal spend like crazy on ad campaign. I an expecting a $180-190 million WW total which is fine for its negative cost but nothing to brag about.

It probably needs to make about 250 worldwide to break even.

• Like 1

Ouija isn't opening anywhere close to Annabelle.

I'm thinking about 15-20M right now.

Don't be so sure, it's trending well on social media which is a good sign for a horror film. It won't be as high as Annabelle but I won't be surprised with low 30s or high 20s