CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Gone Girl - 26.8M | Dracula Untold - 23.5M | Alexander - 19.1M | Annabelle - 16.4M | The Judge - 13.3M

I think the big problem with The Judge is: what is it? Is it a drama? Is it a comedy? I know what Annabelle is. I know what Gone Girl is. I know what Dracula Untold is. I'm not sure about The Judge.

I think I have seen a TV Spot for every type. The portuguese one is a romantic comedy. They had no clue how to save it.

• Like 3

The Judge not doing very well at all for an RDJ flick. He even opened the horrendous looking Due Date to over $30m.

The Judge is a poorly reviewed, feel good drama that's been given an R rating. It's also sandwiched between Gone Girl and Fury. $14.5 million OW isn't that bad. 

Due Date was a broad comedy with Zach Galifinakis/Todd Phillips on a hot streak. Makes sense RDJ could get it to $30 million. 

ANNABELLE earned an estimated $5.24M on Friday. Domestic total stands at $51.0M

THE JUDGE earned an estimated $4.42M on Friday.

ST. VINCENT earned $30,920 from 4 locations on Friday. The per-theater average was $7,730.

• Like 1

The release date is what is really hurting The Jugde, i dont think the concept was bad; 15m OW is solid considering the competition. If it was released on a less crowded weekend in October, it could have opened above 20m. 

• Like 1

GONE GIRL earned an estimated $8.15M on Friday. Domestic total stands at $59.6M.

THE EQUALIZER earned an estimated $2.8M on Friday. Domestic total stands at $73.3M.

• Like 1

Will The Equalizer make it to 100M?

Yes.  I believe it will.  It will be over 80 by Sunday and then Monday will put it at about 82-83.  17 mill off an 8 mill weekend will happen.

• Like 1

Ha! For people saying my $25M prediction was crazy, although with $8.9M $25M is not happening.

Drops are gonna be soft on Sunday because Monday is a holiday. Monday is also gonna be a very good day. All good news for Mr. Evans's future in Universal's Monsters Shared Universe.

• Like 2

It is based on a book of the same style as Fifty Shades. It also shows Fifty Shades is gonna be fucking huge.

I really don't think it means anything for Fifty Shades or any other adult novel adaptations. It was marketed predominantly to the (often underserved) African American audience, and was released mainly in heavily "urban" areas where it would do best (and did do great at those locations).

• Like 1

Go Dracula :D

PS Fishnets wanted me to spread the word on BOF that an openly gay actor is kicking RDJ generic ass, and that RDJ really isn't a draw at all.

He is not openly gay, I think. 

And really? She told you to say that? :lol: 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1