grim22

Lego Batman | Feb 10, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 7! Billy Dee Williams to voice Two-Face.

"No spoilers, but I will say I think the movie is really exciting because it’s about ‘Can Batman be happy?’”

“‘Wah, I’m so rich and handsome, and women like me, and I’ve got a Maclaren,’” Lord said mimicking the character. “‘Something about my parents!’”

Lord went on to tease the action from the film, saying: “The action in it is incredible. It’s impressive.”

Arnett tossed his two cents in as well, “The first bit that I’ve seen was mind-boggling.”

Phil Lord and Will Arnett Tease The LEGO Batman Movie

Edited by Blankments

Star Wars against Lego Batman.

So exciting! Not. I hope both fail. 

You know what I like about Lego failing to win the award? It was a slap onto the face of its producers and directors who were cocky and arrogant.

Make one good movie and then schedule three spin offs and sequels to it, I'm glad they weren't even nominated. Sorry, Blanks. 

Star Wars against Lego Batman.

So exciting! Not. I hope both fail. 

You know what I like about Lego failing to win the award? It was a slap onto the face of its producers and directors who were cocky and arrogant.

Make one good movie and then schedule three spin offs and sequels to it, I'm glad they weren't even nominated. Sorry, Blanks. 

You are aware Lord/Miller are appropriately only involved with the actual sequel to LEGO, right? And they at least waited for their movie to be released until scheduling the sequels, unlike Dragon 2. Also, this spin-off at least seems to be coming from a place of creativity, since McKay was working on LEGO 2 until he decided to go on a Batman direction on his own. Finally, you're complaining about spin-offs to a toy franchise that literally lives off spin-offs to different franchises.

And this is kinda directed to your comments in the Cinderella thread as well: I'm aware you're not a fan of the current "lack" of originality in Hollywood, but at least Lord/Miller consistently deliver original ideas in their franchise movies. I'm happy we have people like them, Branagh, and Gunn (to name a few) that don't sacrifice their voice for monotony. Maybe we're in a lull of getting truly original blockbusters out, but that doesn't mean the unoriginal stuff sucks. Sorry if you can't see that though.

• Like 1