grim22

Lego Batman | Feb 10, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 7! Billy Dee Williams to voice Two-Face.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/lego-batman-spinoff-movie-works-738631

'Lego Batman' Spinoff Movie in the Works at Warner Bros.

The Lego incarnation of Batman proved to be so popular in the Warner Bros. hit The Lego Movie that he is getting his own big-screen spinoff.

Chris McKay, the animation supervisor on Lego Movie, was initially set to direct that project's sequel. However, the movie is being pushed back and McKay is now helming the Lego Batman movie, which is being written by author-screenwriter Seth Grahame-Smith.

Warners is eyeing a 2017 release for the spinoff, possibly even the original date for Lego Movie 2. The next Lego movie is Ninjago, which is due to open Sept. 23, 2016. The Lego Movie sequel would presumably come after 2017.

Will Arnett will reprise the voice of the Caped Crusader.  Roy Lee, Dan Lin, Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, the custodians of the Lego screen brand, are producing.

Can't help but think Warner Bros might be overkilling the Lego franchise with Ninjago, The Lego Movie 2 and now Lego Batman. Their animated films can't just consist of Lego.

Since it is just one movie a year, it may not be overkill I think. But if other studios decide to do similar movies, the novelty can wear off fast.

• Like 1

It would be pretty funny in my opinion if Warner Animation did nothing but Lego films (unless every one of them would get a sequel as well,or if they make more than one film a year). Still not have seen the Lego Move however, so I do not if it is really as good as people say. 

I would rather have lego movie: marvel vs DC.

Now Lego DC, that I could see, but 90 minutes of just Will Arnett's arrogant Lego Batman? No thanks.

Too bad Lego DC/JL doesnt make any sense we have the real thing coming around the same time.

Would Marvel want to license their characters to WB, would have thought due to the different studios owning different characters, it'd be tricky although saying that we had The Simpsons, Star Wars, TMNT and the NBA all stars in The Lego Movie so maybe it might not be an issue.