grim22

The Box Office Mojo issues thread. Brad Brevet is the new editor, the Simanton reign is over.

True. I'll give the site this, it has more numbers for more older movies (1960's, and 1950's) then BOM does, however BOM was just overall more organized.

I have used that site together with BOM and it seems easy to me. I think if you give it time, you will love it. Maybe not as much as BOM, but far better than IMDB and BO.com

• Like 2

BTW, speaking of IMDB, is there any use to that site what so ever? Their forums are shitty, their design is awful to navigate through, and whatever good info they have about cast and crew can be found in other places. I mean, the Top 250 thing is cool, but when you combine how much people overvalue it, how people actually give great films 1/10 so their favorite film can rise in the rankings, and so forth, it becomes something cynical as opposed to something fun.

I'm a regular IMDb user myself and while I enjoy posting on both film general and movie awards, the forums are still swarming with trolls.

I also think people take The Top 250 way more serious than they should. Some people overact they like or don't like isn't and is on it. Make your own goddamn list.

• Like 1

Just looking at it logically, it doesn't make any business sense for IMDB or Amazon to just get rid of BOM. As far as the service it provides it's clearly head and shoulders above anything else. So I've got to believe it's temporary until I hear for sure otherwise. And if they are going to get rid of it for good, then I would think they'd create something similar on IMDB or IMDBpro. I mean why buy the website only to get rid of it? Doesn't make sense.

To eliminate competition.

• Like 2

I have used that site together with BOM and it seems easy to me. I think if you give it time, you will love it. Maybe not as much as BOM, but far better than IMDB and BO.com

I've used it on several occasion. I quite like The Numbers, I just prefer BOM overall, that's all.

Edited by Pokearcher
  • Like 1

BOM had so much data, 34 years of BO history, international numbers, filmographies for thousands of Hollywood actresses, directors, gazillions of rankings and best of everything, accurate and long term calendars, this site was a goldmine of information.

Our only hope now is that they integrate BOM into IMDB but not the pro one.

Circle Prayers people.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 6

I loved the adjusting took also, that's probably what I'll miss most.

Because of 3d, adjusting was not perfect but it gave you a better idea of how a movie was actually succesful in its time.

It was one of the best feature of the site for sure.

Shit, I am talking past tense.

• Like 3