CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

19 minutes ago, TMP said:

Yeah, Ghosbuster 2016 flopped because it had women in it and not because it was a reboot no-one asked for with awful trailers, based on a brand that was never that big to begin with. 

So what’s gonna happen when Ghostbusters 2020 grosses more money at the box office?

Ghostbusters 2016 had negative reception because its politics turned off people, disrespected the fan base and labeling anyone a sexist and assuming they’re males because they disliked the film. The critics reviews that praised the film couldn’t save it from financial disaster.

• ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

On 11/26/2019 at 1:05 PM, JGAR4LIFE said:

So what’s gonna happen when Ghostbusters 2020 grosses more money at the box office?

Ghostbusters 2016 had negative reception because its politics turned off people, disrespected the fan base and labeling anyone a sexist and assuming they’re males because they disliked the film. The critics reviews that praised the film couldn’t save it from financial disaster.

Ghostbusters 2020 will be lucky to do $100M DOM.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Ghostbusters 2020 will be lucky to do $100M DOM.

Ghostbusters 2020 will cross it. It has the original cast and none of the negative press that the Ghostbusters 2016 had. If the 2016 can cross $100M DOM, I don’t see how 2020 won’t be a decent hit.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Ghostbusters 2020 will cross it. It has the original cast and none of the negative press that the Ghostbusters 2016 had. If the 2016 can cross $100M DOM, I don’t see how 2020 won’t be a decent hit.

No one cares about Ghostbusters. At least not the current generation. It looks like it’ll be another Dark Fate/MIBI.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

41 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

No one cares about Ghostbusters. At least not the current generation. It looks like it’ll be another Dark Fate/MIBI.

We’ll see about that, I doubt this is gonna be another Dark Fate scenario. Looks more like Ghostbusters 3 then just another reboot.

12 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

We’ll see about that, I doubt this is gonna be another Dark Fate scenario. Looks more like Ghostbusters 3 then just another reboot.

And so would Dark Fate, which was supposed to be a direct sequel to Terminator 2.

Unless Ghostbusters 2020 has a killer pitch, I think the majority of moviegoers just don’t care about Ghostbusters. Yes, Ghostbusters (2016) faced sexism in its run but I don’t think many cared in the first place. It’s like Detective Pikachu or Terminator: Dark Fate, there’s a vocal audience but it’s a minority. It just doesn’t strike me as a Jurassic World or Jumanji 2.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

https://www.etonline.com/henry-cavill-on-his-vision-for-how-superman-would-come-back-exclusive-137373

"I'd like to delve more into the aspect of Superman [that] we traditionally know, coupled with where we left him with Man of Steel," Cavill explained. "It's the hero who is trying to exist in a world where people may say he's not relevant anymore -- where, actually, he's extraordinarily relevant and it's him coming to terms with that and becoming that relevance and showing people that hope does exist without it being too chocolate box." 

The leading man added: "I wanted to still have an edge but to have some warmth to it and to have some hope to it." 

3 hours ago, cax16 said:

https://www.etonline.com/henry-cavill-on-his-vision-for-how-superman-would-come-back-exclusive-137373

"I'd like to delve more into the aspect of Superman [that] we traditionally know, coupled with where we left him with Man of Steel," Cavill explained. "It's the hero who is trying to exist in a world where people may say he's not relevant anymore -- where, actually, he's extraordinarily relevant and it's him coming to terms with that and becoming that relevance and showing people that hope does exist without it being too chocolate box." 

The leading man added: "I wanted to still have an edge but to have some warmth to it and to have some hope to it." 

Basically ignoring BvS and JL. Which might be the best way forward. WW84 seems to be ignoring at least some of the character beats there, BoP and TSS are probably not going to lean too heavily on Suicide Squad, and I doubt The Batman will go there at all. 

It would probably be a first, too, for an active franchise to effectively discard some of its films. 

On 12/4/2019 at 3:58 AM, ElsaRoc said:

Basically ignoring BvS and JL. Which might be the best way forward. WW84 seems to be ignoring at least some of the character beats there, BoP and TSS are probably not going to lean too heavily on Suicide Squad, and I doubt The Batman will go there at all. 

It would probably be a first, too, for an active franchise to effectively discard some of its films. 

This was the original plan, before Warners was unhappy with Man of Steel's theatrical grosses, and decided to bring in Batman instead.  The plan changed. 

And no, this would not be a new thing whatsoever.  Terminator has done it three times in a row, now, ignoring each previous iteration.  Loads of sequels/franchises have done it over the years. 

But anyway...another movie with Cavill is not happening.  It's wishful dreaming.

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 1