CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

1 hour ago, ChipDerby said:

Comic Con is mid-July! Gunn is doing promo for GOTG 3, but is still a part of the auditioning process while doing so.

Then that makes it almost exactly 2 years before the movie's release. They might reveal the casting there.

ATL has a good feel for Metropolis. Needs to be on waterfront of courser though. 

Plus GA is clearly trending blue. Greater ATL area feels more and more like Austin but w/ different music. 

Edited by excel1

1 hour ago, TMP said:

Chicago made more sense for Metropolis but most of this is gonna be shot on the Volume anyways lol

No way, Chicago has too much of an old feel, makes much more sense for Gotham. 

And Gunn is used to working in Georgia from his Marvel days. I suspect that was a consideration in his choice.

How far along is Gunn on the screenplay I ask because he will almost certainly stop working on it if the WGA strke happens; he is almost certianl a strong supporter of the Guild and will stop in interest of supproting his fellow writers. If the strike is lengthy there could be delays.

Edited by dudalb

There's a good chance of course that Georgia is just being used because it's in America and cheap and the movie will use second-unit shots and CGI to make it look like somewhere else. 

Still though, I hope this doesn't mean it's going to look like a boring regular modern-day city. 

It doesn't necessarily have to be some kind of gleaming art deco throwback but it would be nice if they at least did something to avoid the MCU effect of everywhere on Earth looking and feeling like downtown Atlanta. 

:edit: It's also kind of weird they aren't shooting this in the UK since nearly all of DC's recent major movies have been filmed at the WB studios in Leavesden.

Nobody wants to film in LA because of the cost, and because of that, studio space outside there is at such a premium right now. So it's odd WB is passing up the opportunity to film at the giant studio complex they own outright.

I'd say Gunn probably just wants to keep the production as close to LA as he can, but in that case, you'd film in somewhere like Vancouver (where he did Peacemaker). 

I guess he must have just had a good experience doing TSS and GOTG there, 

Edited by TerwillikerInst

14 hours ago, dudalb said:

And Gunn is used to working in Georgia from his Marvel days. I suspect that was a consideration in his choice.

How far along is Gunn on the screenplay I ask because he will almost certainly stop working on it if the WGA strke happens; he is almost certianl a strong supporter of the Guild and will stop in interest of supproting his fellow writers. If the strike is lengthy there could be delays.

The screenplay is complete. (at least the first draft, pending notes from his trusted colleagues) 

1 hour ago, TheDude391 said:

No but i'd certainly like it to be! Bring back unique comic book settings!

Oh yeah, of course. 

I just meant it didn't necessarily have to be stylized in that specific way. 

Though in my ideal world, it probably would be something similar.

50s gleaming bright 'modernist' metal and chrome with Gotham as its dark smoke encrusted decrepit gothic twin is the way to go imo. 

• Like 1

Jacob Elordi as Superman

Someone  as Lois Lane

Cillian Murphy as Lex Luthor

Brad Pitt as Jonathan Kent 

Josh Hartnett as Jor-El

Brendan Fraser as Perry White

Sarah Michelle Gellar as Lara El

Edited by excel1
  • Knock It Off 1

On 4/21/2023 at 5:39 PM, excel1 said:

Jacob Elordi as Superman

Someone  as Lois Lane

Cillian Murphy as Lex Luthor

Brad Pitt as Jonathan Kent 

Josh Hartnett as Jor-El

Brendan Fraser as Perry White

Sarah Michelle Gellar as Lara El

I think they might be well advised to go for villian other then Lex Luthor. He has been overused.