CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

29 minutes ago, TMP said:

Who’s gonna do the acting? 

It's Superman. If Chris Evans could play him (PRETENDING to be someone else), pretty much anyone could play him.

50 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Like it does not take a good actor to pull off Superman...

Seriously, guy, you Elondi obesseion is not giving you  a good look...

Who is the last actor to play Superman that was poorly received by critics and fans? Cavill, Routh, Welling, Cain were all popular. None are Marlon Brando, either. Chris Evans was an atrocious acting heading into Marvel who did very well playing the Clark Kent/Superman character of the MCU. 

Edited by excel1

I bow to Gunn but I was hesitant with him helming Superman..

After watching Guardians 3, I take back everything I said

His ability to garner empathy from subjects which unfairly receive apathy such as raccoons (Suicide Squad did this, as well, with rats) proves a perfect match for Superman. Gunn's heart is sappy but earnest, and he has an uncanny devotion to character arcs and realizations of self-discovery through teamwork+family. And 3 displayed a more mature handling of his unwavering attraction to provocation and juvenile humor (which works for stuff like Super or Suicide Squad, but occasionally overbearing in previous Guardians movies). He uses banter and irreverent comedy in 3 as a means of levity and Superman movies need levity

• Like 7

4 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

I bow to Gunn but I was hesitant with him helming Superman..

After watching Guardians 3, I take back everything I said

His ability to garner empathy from subjects which unfairly receive apathy such as raccoons (Suicide Squad did this, as well, with rats) proves a perfect match for Superman. Gunn's heart is sappy but earnest, and he has an uncanny devotion to character arcs and realizations of self-discovery through teamwork+family. And 3 displayed a more mature handling of his unwavering attraction to provocation and juvenile humor (which works for stuff like Super or Suicide Squad, but occasionally overbearing in previous Guardians movies). He uses banter and irreverent comedy in 3 as a means of levity and Superman movies need levity

Agreed. He's going to do an incredible job with Superman. 

JG is obviously along the top 5 overall choices for Superman. His ability to inject legitimate heart into huge scale films is Speilberg esque and exactly what some of Nolan's more cold films are missing. 

I think James Gunn is a better choice than someone like Matthew Vaughn or especially the Russo Brothers, even if I’m not as crazy about his style as a lot of other people. If he can keep the comedy more subdued than GotG and TSS, then that should be fine for me. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

People are never going to stop bringing up Zack Snyder fans, are they? 

Nope, because a huge amount of them never stop bringing up dc and Gunn so they’ll constantly be made fun of for stupid posts like the above. It’s just the way it’s gonna be until they actual move on. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, cax16 said:

Nope, because a huge amount of them never stop bringing up dc and Gunn so they’ll constantly be made fun of for stupid posts like the above. It’s just the way it’s gonna be until they actual move on. 

You could simply ignore them? I’m not sure what the point is in engaging in so much negativity. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I think James Gunn is a better choice than someone like Matthew Vaughn or especially the Russo Brothers, even if I’m not as crazy about his style as a lot of other people. If he can keep the comedy more subdued than GotG and TSS, then that should be fine for me. 

I used to think Vaughn would have been great for Superman (I think they tried to get him for a Man Of Steel sequel) but after the Kingsman sequels…hell no.

Superman will require a bit of growth from JG obviously but he more than has it in him. The flight shots and action should be incredible.